Siren too low in volume

Myvalk

Registered Member
Ok, so I got another vehicle and got a pelican 100 watt amp with a Xprite 200 watt speaker. Long story short the siren isn’t loud enough to hurt your ears if you’re wore it as a headphone. Is there anyway to increase the volume?

Sparky_911

Gold Supporter
Only by getting a bigger wattage siren or lower wattage speaker. They should match power.

MtnMan

Only by getting a bigger wattage siren or lower wattage speaker. They should match power.
Not an issue in this case, since the "Xprite" isn't really a 200W speaker.

@Myvalk , you can check the amplifier output with an AC voltmeter. Should be about 33V for 100W into a single speaker. But seriously, if you have a legit use for warning equipment, don't use that Amazon stuff.

Nolines

Silver Supporter
So your saying switch to the Chinese stuff since they always have a need for loud? Is it possibly or more then likely a overrated speaker in wattage or a bad driver?

OP
OP
M

Myvalk

Registered Member
So your saying switch to the Chinese stuff since they always have a need for loud? Is it possibly or more then likely a overrated speaker in wattage or a bad driver?
I have an old speaker around somewhere. I’ll try that one to see if mine is defective or just a miss-matched wattage.

OP
OP
M

Myvalk

Registered Member
Well. Found the problem. The wire in the harness for the auxiliary lights is actually the one for the siren. When I hooked the “lights“ up I almost blew myself out of my shed it was so loud.

OP
OP
M

Myvalk

Registered Member
Well. Found the problem. The wire in the harness for the auxiliary lights is actually the one for the siren. When I hooked the “lights“ up I almost blew myself out of my shed it was so loud.
Now I have to see if the lights work from the
“ lights” wire.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Members
Latest member
makemedicaltrip