Siren too low in volume

Myvalk

Jul 12, 2020
NY
Ok, so I got another vehicle and got a pelican 100 watt amp with a Xprite 200 watt speaker. Long story short the siren isn’t loud enough to hurt your ears if you’re wore it as a headphone. Is there anyway to increase the volume?

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Only by getting a bigger wattage siren or lower wattage speaker. They should match power.

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
Only by getting a bigger wattage siren or lower wattage speaker. They should match power.

Not an issue in this case, since the "Xprite" isn't really a 200W speaker.

@Myvalk , you can check the amplifier output with an AC voltmeter. Should be about 33V for 100W into a single speaker. But seriously, if you have a legit use for warning equipment, don't use that Amazon stuff.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
So your saying switch to the Chinese stuff since they always have a need for loud? Is it possibly or more then likely a overrated speaker in wattage or a bad driver?

Myvalk

Jul 12, 2020
NY
So your saying switch to the Chinese stuff since they always have a need for loud? Is it possibly or more then likely a overrated speaker in wattage or a bad driver?

I have an old speaker around somewhere. I’ll try that one to see if mine is defective or just a miss-matched wattage.

Myvalk

Jul 12, 2020
NY
Well. Found the problem. The wire in the harness for the auxiliary lights is actually the one for the siren. When I hooked the “lights“ up I almost blew myself out of my shed it was so loud.

Myvalk

Jul 12, 2020
NY
Well. Found the problem. The wire in the harness for the auxiliary lights is actually the one for the siren. When I hooked the “lights“ up I almost blew myself out of my shed it was so loud.
Now I have to see if the lights work from the
“ lights” wire.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.