Sirennet - 2013 Police Package Chevy Caprice Install

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
2013 Police Package Chevy Caprice Install

Whelen Liberty LED Lightbar, SIRENNET.COM - Whelen Liberty LED Lightbar

Whelen SA315P Projector Series Speaker,SIRENNET.COM - Whelen SA315P Projector Series Speaker

SoundOff Chevrolet Caprice Plug-in Headlight Flasher,SIRENNET.COM - SoundOff Chevrolet Caprice Plug-in Headlight Flasher

Setina Prisoner Screen, http://www.sirennet.com/partitions-pu...

SoundOff Intersector Mirror/Surface Mount Light,SIRENNET.COM - SoundOff Intersector Mirror Mount Light

SoundOff Compass Fender Light - Chevy Caprice,SIRENNET.COM - SoundOff Compass Fender Light - Chevy Caprice

Whelen Vertex Super-LED Hide-A-Way Light,SIRENNET.COM - Whelen Vertex Super-LED Hide-A-Way Light

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Very cool, thanks for the video.

Where there two different Caprice cars, or was it the same one with the white wrap added and the editing made it appear like two different cars?

This helps me to know where some of the equipment is mounted on my 2011, I figured the speaker was where you have it. Mine headlight flasher is on the fender next to the fuse box between the shock tower. I see you put yours in the factory location if it had it pre-installed. Not sure if I like the LED in the headlight as the headlight flasher over powers it during the day. Good idea, but I do not think it is needed on a Caprice with the dual hi/low beam headlights.

A push bar is a better option in my opinion for the speaker, that behind the bumper really takes away from the loudness of them. However, I do not like any of the push bars for the Caprice as they all look way to big and bulky for the styling of the Caprice.

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
I have noticed that the star car installers seem to favor molex style plugs at the light heads rather than crimp connections.

Is that their instal preference? I saw that they dielectric greased them which makes perfect sense.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Poor equipment choices here. The vertexes in the front aren't even visible and the ones in the rear look like crap with the TLF. The money spent on those should have gone towards some grill lights and something for the rear deck.

Reactions: slash9dotnet

Zoe

May 28, 2010
Deerfield MA
Single siren speaker and the bracket puts it under the passenger headlamp.

That's a shame. I'd have to basically be in the oncoming lane to get my siren noise to effectively project down the driver side of the vehicle in front of me.

Alboy29

Aug 8, 2011
United STates, New York
Abacus said:
I have noticed that the star car installers seem to favor molex style plugs at the light heads rather than crimp connections.

Is that their instal preference? I saw that they dielectric greased them which makes perfect sense.

I would assume it is easier if a light head fails, or needs to be replaced /Swapped just pop it out and unplug it vs. re connecting/Crimping/solder etc again

Just my guess.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tommy_adams

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.