Sirennet - Dodge Charger Police Car with Tinted Lights Installed at Star Cars

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
Dodge Charger Police Car with Tinted Lights Installed at Star Cars

SoundOff Intersector Mirror/Surface Mount Light,SIRENNET.COM - SoundOff Intersector Mirror Mount Light

Whelen SA315P Projector Series Speaker,SIRENNET.COM - Whelen SA315P Projector Series Speaker

SoundOff GHOST LED Mini Light,SIRENNET.COM - SoundOff GHOST LED Mini Light

Whelen 4" Round Extended Lens Super-LED Lighthead,SIRENNET.COM - Whelen 4" Round Extended Lens Super-LED Lighthead

Havis Dodge Charger Trunk Slide Out Tray,SIRENNET.COM - Equipment Mounts

SoundOff Pinnacle Two Piece Interior Lightbar,SIRENNET.COM - SoundOff Pinnacle Two Piece Interior Lightbar

Whelen HHS2200 Hand Held Programmable Siren,SIRENNET.COM - Whelen HHS2200 Hand Held Programmable Siren

Able 2 Triple Accessory Outlet, SIRENNET.COM - Able 2 Triple Accessory Outlet

Whelen Vertex Super-LED Hide-A-Way Light,SIRENNET.COM - Whelen Vertex Super-LED Hide-A-Way Light

Whelen Avenger Split Linear Super-LED Dash/Deck Light,SIRENNET.COM - Whelen Avenger Split Linear Super-LED Dash/Deck Light

Gamber Johnson Computer Mount,SIRENNET.COM - Equipment Mounts

Enjoy!

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
There was only one shot, with the trunk lid up, so it is hard to tell, but it looks like the TLF and BLF are synced. While the TLF is still not a viable warning light, it would look tons better synced with the BLF.

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
HILO said:
There was only one shot, with the trunk lid up, so it is hard to tell, but it looks like the TLF and BLF are synced. While the TLF is still not a viable warning light, it would look tons better synced with the BLF.

Umm... What?

tvsjr

Oct 7, 2012
TX
The color configuration of that Pinnacle is horrible. It looks like a teal and lavender mess.

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
Sure, but it's what the customer wanted, so that's how it was done.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
So I don't want to watch a 20 min video.. what light(s) are tinted? and time visible on the video in question?

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Sirennet said:
Umm... What?

The factory brake light flasher looked like it was synced with the aftermarket tail light flasher. Alternating the brake light with the tail lights. Or was it just a lucky catch on video?

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Solid install by star car, but I don't know why so many customers can't keep stuff simple...left headliner pinnacle red, right headliner pinnacle blue, a HLF, & solid rear avengers.

Although i Prefer the basic Wigwag TLF, It's interesting what they did in the rear, but I would have flashed both vertexes at the same right, rather than 1 vertex alternating with entire tailgate & other vertex. How did they wire it?

Also, is this a chief or admin vehicle that they went with the civi charger & no havis console? On a side note, I love the combination of gunmetal grey & chrome trim

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
Boy, the one guy isn't much of a talker is he? Solid install though. Holy cow that's quite a bundle of wires! I like these videos though, always good to get ideas!

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Nice install. I know you do as the customer asks but I just don't understand why people tint lights? It isn't like the light wont be noticed just because the lens is tinted.

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
pdk9 said:
Also, is this a chief or admin vehicle that they went with the civi charger & no havis console? On a side note, I love the combination of gunmetal grey & chrome trim

Steward clearly says it is the police package in the video and it has a column shift, per Dodge it is option: Street Appearance Group (AEB).

I did not know current Chargers until I just did a search, but after looking at Dodge fleet web page I see they also offer a full civilian console like the Caprice 9C3 for the detective option note above.

So that being said about the Caprice you still have fully functional rear door handles and power windows (both 9C1 & 9C3). With GM police vehicles it is an option to delete rear door access, from the factory they are fully functional. I think that is just stupid of Dodge to delete that as standard and make owners add the hardware if they ware working doors. Especially wit the detective package.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
K9Vic said:
Steward clearly says it is the police package in the video and it has a column shift, per Dodge it is option: Street Appearance Group (AEB).
I did not know current Chargers until I just did a search, but after looking at Dodge fleet web page I see they also offer a full civilian console like the Caprice 9C3 for the detective option note above.

So that being said about the Caprice you still have fully functional rear door handles and power windows (both 9C1 & 9C3). With GM police vehicles it is an option to delete rear door access, from the factory they are fully functional. I think that is just stupid of Dodge to delete that as standard and make owners add the hardware if they ware working doors. Especially wit the detective package.

Relax dude. I'm sorry that I only watched the minute of the video, b/c I did not have the time to watch a full 20 minute vid from my iphone in between calls, so I did not hear Stuart say what model charger it was

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
Eric1249 said:
Nice install. I know you do as the customer asks but I just don't understand why people tint lights? It isn't like the light wont be noticed just because the lens is tinted.

You tint the lenses so the reflections from them are not as visible behind the window tint. I have seen this car on the road, and if I didn't know there were lights there I would not have seen them. There is nothing to draw your attention to them anymore unless you catch the silhouette.

minig0d

Mar 29, 2013
LA & TX
Sirennet said:
You tint the lenses so the reflections from them are not as visible behind the window tint. I have seen this car on the road, and if I didn't know there were lights there I would not have seen them. There is nothing to draw your attention to them anymore unless you catch the silhouette.

Except the intersectors hanging down from the mirrors but still a solid install. Idk what patterns the pinnacle offers but that pattern looks horrible on those mixed r/b sides. If they were solid as mentioned above it'd look great. I realize its what the customer wanted but I don't think it hurts for an installer/ upfitter to show the customer a video of purple blob to demonstrate why it would be more effective on another pattern / bar configuration. But overall solid install. Also kind of interesting that they want a full visible radio setup and laptop mount but yet a hhs2200. If the radio was hidden in the console etc then it's an obvious choice. But looks nice and effective. Would have liked to see the HLF on in one of the closing shots too to get the "total effect". And yeah that one installer is shy as hell. Lol poor kid.

Good job on the video! Keep em up!

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
minig0d said:
Except the intersectors hanging down from the mirrors but still a solid install.

I was only talking about the tinted lights. :D

I spotted the intersectors from a long way out.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.