Setina Partition
Setina Push Bumper
Aedec Seat
Gamber-Johnson Console & Computer Mount

Last edited by a moderator:

EVT

May 24, 2010
Midwest
Looks nice. One thing I don't understand about NE Pacific cars is why they split the red and blue up so much. I think it's a lot less effective then the one side red one side blue set ups.

coopers

May 21, 2011
WA
Cencom question, you can load what you've programmed onto a USB and then plug that into the box in the car? Don't need to connect from box to laptop via cable?

I find the expressions of Devon and Danny to be priceless, Stuart sticks the camera in their face and pokes them with a question and they give this blank look and a simple answer and look at him like he is an idiot. I like the videos to see other installers process but these poor guys look like "oh great, he is here" every time you walk in on them.

On a side note, pretty sure that is a Jotto as opposed to Gamber Johnson. Keep up the good work!

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Except for the interwoven R/B Libby & split grill lights, it's a beautiful ride. Although I'm bit a fan of interwoven colors, the only time I've seen a Libby configured in this exact color scheme & liked it was Fort Lauderdale PD, who has all the red inboards flash together, then all blue inboards flash together.

It's funny to think of the effort of getting hardware & mounting the camera to the vehicle, so that we have a phenomenal, 5 sec view of what a dirt road looks like from the undercarriage of a interceptor SUV :)

I do love vids showing installs as they progress, but their responses to Stuart's obvious questions are priceless ("Um ... yeahh")

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Another top notch install from these guys. One thing I don't understand is why these departments spec a push bumper then want tiny grill lights hidden and siren speakers mounted behind the bumper. If it were me, that push bumper would have two M6s and two siren speakers mounted to it.

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
I'm sure it was spec'd by the department, but I'm wondering why anyone still uses vertex LAWs when there are so many cheaper/brighter alternatives? That's one of the big reasons I'm urging my boss NOT to go with Ford's "road ready" package on new vehicles...way overpriced, and while the Ions are nice, the vertex in the front and back are pretty much worthless. Not knocking the install at all, very nice. Just randomly bitching about vertex....

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
Another great video. Thanks guys! Always nice to see how others do things.

I do think its kind of funny they went to the trouble of the custom no-holes drilled brackets for the Fog and grill lights, only to bore a giant hole on each side for the wrap around on the pushbumper. Womp womp.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
PJD642 said:
I'm sure it was spec'd by the department, but I'm wondering why anyone still uses vertex LAWs when there are so many cheaper/brighter alternatives? That's one of the big reasons I'm urging my boss NOT to go with Ford's "road ready" package on new vehicles...way overpriced, and while the Ions are nice, the vertex in the front and back are pretty much worthless. Not knocking the install at all, very nice. Just randomly bitching about vertex....

I thought Ford designed those housings with the Vertex's in mind.

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
FireEMSPolice said:
I thought Ford designed those housings with the Vertex's in mind.

No idea if they did or not but I've seen a few Interceptors with 'em, and every single one would be better with Cannons. The Vertex just aren't bright enough. And seriously, Ford, no wig-wags? WTF???

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
PJD642 said:
No idea if they did or not but I've seen a few Interceptors with 'em, and every single one would be better with Cannons. The Vertex just aren't bright enough. And seriously, Ford, no wig-wags? WTF???

Vertex's are the only thing I have ever seen in them. I dont know if the Feniex Cannon's are too big for the housings, especially the taillights. I dont even think they would fit up front from the housing to the lens of the housing.

As far as wig-wags, this has been batted and kicked around on here before. See here (FISOS.net, Ford Interceptor Shutter Override System) for a safe wig-wag flasher. I guess another one is in the works that will work at night so hang tight.

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
FireEMSPolice said:
Vertex's are the only thing I have ever seen in them. I dont know if the Feniex Cannon's are too big for the housings, especially the taillights. I dont even think they would fit up front from the housing to the lens of the housing.

As far as wig-wags, this has been batted and kicked around on here before. See here (FISOS.net, Ford Interceptor Shutter Override System) for a safe wig-wag flasher. I guess another one is in the works that will work at night so hang tight.

I'd guess the Vertex are the most common because that's what Ford uses, so you're far more likely to see those than anything else. I remember all the threads about wigwag units, I was questioning Ford's oversight in not including that option when they went so far as to add all the other blinky stuff. Maybe cause it would have been a programming thing, instead of a physical add-on they could charge too much for?

Honestly, I'm fine with the new SUV not having wigwags. My current (and future) vehicle has Titans in the grill that act as wigwags and additional takedowns, so I'm good that way.

rescue52

May 23, 2010
New York
I know you sub out the install but I have 2 questions on the rear

1)Why is everything red blue but the reverse lights are solid blue on BOTH sides [Video 25:40]?

2)On the rear hatch he mounted the Vertex with his own improvise recessed mount and the front hole is larger than the light, why didn’t he use a Whelen surface flange (on right side of page) [Video 09:58-10:06]

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.