Sirennet Ford Interceptor SUV Whelen Demo Vehicle

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
Sirennet Ford Interceptor SUV Whelen Demo Vehicle

It's a long one!

Featuring:

Whelen Vertex Super-LED Hide-A-Way Light,SIRENNET.COM - Whelen Vertex Super-LED Hide-A-Way Light

Whelen Avenger Dual Linear Super-LED Dash/Deck Light,SIRENNET.COM - Whelen Avenger Dual Linear Super-LED Dash/Deck Light

Whelen SA315P Projector Series Speaker,SIRENNET.COM - Whelen SA315P Projector Series Speaker

Whelen ION Mirror-Beams - Ford Taurus/Interceptor,SIRENNET.COM - Whelen ION Mirror-Beams - Ford Taurus/Interceptor

Whelen M2 Super-LED Lighthead, SIRENNET.COM - Whelen M2 Super-LED Lighthead

Whelen ION Series Super-LED Light,SIRENNET.COM - Whelen ION Series Super-LED Light

Whelen ION V-Series Super-LED Universal Light,SIRENNET.COM - Whelen ION V-Series Super-LED Universal Light

Whelen Pioneer Plus series lighting,SIRENNET.COM - Scene Lighting

Whelen CenCom Sapphire Siren and Light Control System,SIRENNET.COM - Whelen CenCom Sapphire Siren and Light Control System

Whelen Micro Pioneer Super-LED Work/Scene Light,SIRENNET.COM - Whelen Micro Pioneer Super-LED Work/Scene Light

Whelen SpitFire Plus Dash and Deck Light,SIRENNET.COM - Whelen SpitFire Plus Dash and Deck Light

Whelen 3" Round LED Compartment Lights,SIRENNET.COM - Whelen 3" Round LED Compartment Lights

Whelen V-Series 3-In-1 Surface Mount Light,SIRENNET.COM - Whelen V-Series 3-In-1 Surface Mount Light

Whelen 3.5" Round Super-LED Lighthead,SIRENNET.COM - Whelen 3.5" Round Super-LED Lighthead

tvsjr

Oct 7, 2012
TX
A few comments:

Yeah, it's overdone on lighting. It's a demo vehicle, so it's cool.

The wrap looks lame. That truck looked great as it was. The wrap doesn't look like carbon fiber... it looks like you've parked it outside for 5 years and it's in bad need of an exterior detail/buff/wax.

46 minutes? Seriously? No one wants to listen to Stuart for that long. If Youtube will let you see detailed stats, I bet the number of people who watch the whole thing is miniscule. You're trying to sell your products and your company - structure the video like a news article. Put the most important stuff first - what are we doing, look how cool our shit is. Build from there. That way you've conveyed your message even if ADD kicks in and the viewer only watches the first minute or two. Eliminate the stuff you don't need... I don't need to watch multiple minutes of wow-dude-look-at-my-dreads applying a wrap. It's not pimping your company and it's just boring. If you're trying to sell people on your installer cred, showcase your wiring, cable management, etc. more. I could care less how pretty a job you do bolting lights on a grille guard... when I pop the hood and find wire nuts, then we have a problem.

Just my $.02 :)

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
tvsjr said:
The wrap looks lame. That truck looked great as it was. The wrap doesn't look like carbon fiber... it looks like you've parked it outside for 5 years and it's in bad need of an exterior detail/buff/wax.

The wrap actually does look exactly like Pre-Preg Carbon Fiber in person, the camera just doesn't capture it.

Otherwise, thanks for your opinion.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Except for the choice of spitfires (I think they're a waste of $) & the cheesy patterns on the rear headliner ions (should be all blue on one side & red on the other), I love this install. The black wrap, the roof rack, & the pioneers scream badass. I love the effect of the new rotabeams (although I'm personally not willing to dish out that much yet).

As for the hour long-documentary, I'm pretty sure that films this long require a Parental Guidance rating by the Motion Picture Assoc of America LOL.

Also, I'm just throwing it out there, but I think Stewart would look fantastic in those dreads!

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
tvsjr said:
A few comments:

46 minutes? Seriously? No one wants to listen to Stuart for that long. If Youtube will let you see detailed stats, I bet the number of people who watch the whole thing is miniscule. You're trying to sell your products and your company - structure the video like a news article. Put the most important stuff first - what are we doing, look how cool our shit is. Build from there. That way you've conveyed your message even if ADD kicks in and the viewer only watches the first minute or two. Eliminate the stuff you don't need... I don't need to watch multiple minutes of wow-dude-look-at-my-dreads applying a wrap. It's not pimping your company and it's just boring. If you're trying to sell people on your installer cred, showcase your wiring, cable management, etc. more. I could care less how pretty a job you do bolting lights on a grille guard... when I pop the hood and find wire nuts, then we have a problem.

Just my $.02 :)

They have shorter product videos for people with shorter attention spans. This video is for those who want to see the entire process. Good for Sirennet and Stuart for wanting to create such videos, when no one else does.

dawson75

May 20, 2010
OHIO
i'd like to see how they group the front , rear and the other lighting. What I mean is I'm sure not all the wires from every light head go to the back. I would like to see how they make the connection. ( give me some ideas ) And yes , in a 46 minute video I still didn't see what I wanted to see ..lol.

And Stewart you would definitely look bad ass with the dreads! :)

Dan

FireMedic19

May 8, 2012
Vermilion, Ohio
I seriously love these videos. I need something to pass the time at work, and that video killed an hour of down time, plus it was very cool to watch. Makes me want to buy a crapload of lights Everytime I watch one lol.

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
Just once I'd like to see the guys at star cars have a drill bit slip or have something piss them off and have them swear. It would help them relate to Upfitters everywhere.

I did like the part where they tried to sync the lights in the bumper and found out that it can't be done! Ah ha! Reality!!

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
The vehicle, in my opinion, left some things to be desired. The illumination aspect - the Pioneers, V heads, etc - weren't bad, and I have no doubt that the vehicle as it's configured now could light up a huge area.

However, the warning light arena, in my opinion, was poorly configured. I've never been a big fan of the Vertex as anything but an LED hide-a-way.

The wrap didn't look too bad (except for the failed attempt to cover the rear Ford logo [perhaps do it as a cut-out and configure Sirennet to cover the whole Ford logo]), but I honestly feel that the Sirennet brand name logo was under-represented; it simply didn't catch the eye like it could have. Perhaps adding a second layer of white or blue on the inner part of the lettering, or something like that. Furthermore, there wasn't any contact info or the web site (or domain name). So you leave any interested, but unfamiliar, parties to search for your contact info.

What about putting a QR code on each product configured to take the visitor to that page on your web site? "Hey, that looks cool. Let me scan that QR code and buy one!"

Just a couple ideas.

Apr 28, 2013
New York/Mass
Doug said:
The vehicle, in my opinion, left some things to be desired. The illumination aspect - the Pioneers, V heads, etc - weren't bad, and I have no doubt that the vehicle as it's configured now could light up a huge area.

However, the warning light arena, in my opinion, was poorly configured. I've never been a big fan of the Vertex as anything but an LED hide-a-way.

The wrap didn't look too bad (except for the failed attempt to cover the rear Ford logo [perhaps do it as a cut-out and configure Sirennet to cover the whole Ford logo]), but I honestly feel that the Sirennet brand name logo was under-represented; it simply didn't catch the eye like it could have. Perhaps adding a second layer of white or blue on the inner part of the lettering, or something like that. Furthermore, there wasn't any contact info or the web site (or domain name). So you leave any interested, but unfamiliar, parties to search for your contact info.

What about putting a QR code on each product configured to take the visitor to that page on your web site? "Hey, that looks cool. Let me scan that QR code and buy one!"

Just a couple ideas.

Even though QR codes haven't caught on like I thought they would when they first came out, that right there is a neat idea. :thumbsup:

Feb 4, 2012
Casper, Wyoming
I'm not an upfitter, so videos like this are not only entertaining, but informative as well. Thank you Sirennet, the process of lighting up the Interceptor was pretty darn cool to see, and the pattern on the Rotabeams looked good. As stated in an above post, showing how you make the connections would be nice, I promise I won't steal your clients.

Good job guys. I love the videos for several reasons. It give people understanding of your process and our attention to detail. It shows the star car guys actually looking at the input and processing how it would be done.

I think the only thing I agree with the others on is the wrap. Without seeing it in person it doesn't look great to me.

Keep up the good work. I think a good video idea.as others have mentioned, would be an out takes version of the star car getting stuff wrong or doing something for 20 minutes like putting the bumper cover on and then finding out you need to take it back off. Might be beat to watch.

Good job

May 16, 2010
Torrington, WY
Love the video and the car. I want one in all red. If you don't mind me asking how much is the final cost in all the lights and equipment that was installed? The car looks like it should have been on the movie "I am legend". Agai great video and install.

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
I'm glad at least some of you like the video :crazy:

As far as outtakes, our editor tried to make one; but they have done so many vehicles, they don't make many mistakes that would even be interesting. The only thing you would see is how these guys are quiet and focused, and really good at their work.

Most of the outtake issues are camera operator related, and not exciting to watch (usually a lens cap left on)

Ok two things. I work on lots of cars but I still drop screws or crimp things backwards. I call bs there. Lol

The camera out takes would be just as funny. Or even better do a montage of Stuart-isms. You all know what I am talking about.

PS: Stuart we love you.

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
AutoDetailer said:
Ok two things. I work on lots of cars but I still drop screws or crimp things backwards. I call bs there. Lol

The camera out takes would be just as funny. Or even better do a montage of Stuart-isms. You all know what I am talking about.

PS: Stuart we love you.

I didn't say they don't make mistakes, they just aren't interesting. These guys don't freak out, they just keep working.

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
Well that's no fun. I'm professional too, but I get dirty and cut my hands and use the F word at least a half dozen times.., maybe I should start a reality series on installs :D

Sirennet

Apr 23, 2013
Oregon
Just a heads up...

Night video was shot this weekend of the FIU and the Mini, expect follow up videos in the near future.

justavillain

Mar 7, 2013
Grand Rapids
I liked it for the most part as a demo it was good.

Only thing I personally would have done with the matte and CF was to do a chevron set up on the back with those 2. Also for your worry of stone chips they make a matte and gloss clear wrap that can be added as a layer of protection. A couple of guys who I know who haul trailers with Duramax's did that to their headlights and hood lips to keep them clean. You can't tell unless you're right on it and I'm sure if you just had it added to the bumper as a hole the body part lines would hide it well.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.