size comparision of fusion dual dashlight and apollo

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
So, I'm wanting to upgrade my dual color dual Apollo light to a newer fusion...

In this spot on my ride above the RVM (like it is.)

The question is, is the dual fusion wider, longer, or taller than the Apollo? The RVM has a 1/2 inch cable with sensors, power, and video connections in it and it has a lil wiggle room with the light there as is now. If the fusion is bigger it may not fit... The suction cups on the light now have quite grasping the windshield even after cleaning and since the light is no longer made and the cups are "welded" on might as well up grade...

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I've got a dual fusion. It's about the same size as a dual cobra. It'll be a tad lower profile and a couple inches wider than your apollo

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
So shorter and wider but not thicker... Should work then..

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
It should, yes. Go for the 40 optics though. The 180s are crap imho. 20180524_123740.jpg

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
i was going to go with 180s because i didnt want to "blind out" the "weaker" 180 appolos in the grill. i dont like the look of the 180 40 mix... wonder why they dont have a split optic module that is 180/40. Youi could have the 40 in the middle and 180s to the sides...
Ill have to dig for some comparison vids.

If i could afford a fusion 400 and rig up a shield id go that route.... but alas no such feet could be accomplished

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
The 180s aren't as "frosted" like the Apollos and don't throw very well. I'd bet it would be a good mix with 40s rvm and grille Apollos

jonny521

May 23, 2010
mass
seeing as you guys have experience with these lights. How are they during the day? im going to be upfitting my POV very soon and was looking at this and the triple threat from strobesNmore. Its going to be B/B with 40 degree as i have a 5% on the windshield strip, so it will go below it slightly.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
40 degree will punch tint as well as anything out there. Avoid the 180.

5% is going to dramatically hurt any light though

jonny521

May 23, 2010
mass
i get that, that is why it is going to below the strip as 5% is dark. what i wanted to know is, is this light bright during the day or would i be better of going with a whelen or something else. The light is going to have B/B 40 degrees.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
In today's industry, lights of similar optics are all going to compare well to each other. Short of going super cheap, just about everything is bright now day or night. I've not heard any complaints about the Feniex Fusion 40's in terms of brightness. Some people that care about off axis might complain but thats a direct failure of the dealer not explaining the two options and finding out what the customer truly wants.

Reactions: Kendreth

10-75_Da_Box

Jan 28, 2011
Wappingers Falls
It should, yes. Go for the 40 optics though. The 180s are crap imho. View attachment 212975
How is the flashback on yours? I had mine mounted below my RVM in my truck and the flashback was killing me. Most of the roads in my district do not have street lights which doesn't help. My flashback is coming from the bottom of the flashback shield. I might add some wire loom around it and see if that helps.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
It's not bad. The heads are on a swivel built into the housing. 20180731_122937.jpgI have the light heads aimed straight out not down at an angle. I only get a slight flashback from the bottom of the shield.

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
How is the flashback on yours? I had mine mounted below my RVM in my truck and the flashback was killing me. Most of the roads in my district do not have street lights which doesn't help. My flashback is coming from the bottom of the flashback shield. I might add some wire loom around it and see if that helps.
I had the same problem with my Whelen Dual Avenger. I took a piece of weatherstripping, cut to length, and slid it onto the bottom of the flash guard. I'll try to remember to take a picture later

10-75_Da_Box

Jan 28, 2011
Wappingers Falls
I had the same problem with my Whelen Dual Avenger. I took a piece of weatherstripping, cut to length, and slid it onto the bottom of the flash guard. I'll try to remember to take a picture later

Currently I have a Dual Talon, and that is right on the dash I have almost to none flashback. The Talon works better in my truck then my dual fusion. I guess it has to do with the angle of the windshield.

It's not bad. The heads are on a swivel built into the housing. View attachment 213989I have the light heads aimed straight out not down at an angle. I only get a slight flashback from the bottom of the shield.

I played with the aiming the head I either had flashback coming from the top or bottom. The only place I didn't have any flash back was when I had the light mounted on the passenger side in front of the visor, or when I had it mounted above the RVM. I really didn't like those spots, I wanted my dash light in area where I can catch someone else's RVM.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.