Slimiser sync

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
I found an old thread on here with a dead link (https://elightbars.org/forums/threads/new-project-syncing-2-whelen-slimlighters.27357/) that mentioned this, but has anyone ever synced slimisers? I have 2 TIR6 that I just got, red/red. I wired them together to power source, then turn 'em on (set for same pattern). It starts out synced, then drifts. Anyone know why? I imagine it's some sort of difference in current getting to the two flashers, but...not sure. Halp?

:)

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
I found an old thread on here with a dead link (https://elightbars.org/forums/threads/new-project-syncing-2-whelen-slimlighters.27357/) that mentioned this, but has anyone ever synced slimisers? I have 2 TIR6 that I just got, red/red. I wired them together to power source, then turn 'em on (set for same pattern). It starts out synced, then drifts. Anyone know why? I imagine it's some sort of difference in current getting to the two flashers, but...not sure. Halp?

:)
Are you asking about SlimMisers, or SlimLighters?

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
ACK, good catch, slimlighters. Dave, I don't mind rewiring. I assume there's 1 master and 1 drone or slave module per unit?

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
I’ve done this. Cut out the flasher and you can direct wire the tir6’s to any 12v flasher.

I ran a tir6 slimlighter synced to a D8 all running off a ulf44.

Hope this helps. I don’t believe the internal flasher has anywhere that you can solder in a sync wire.

Good Luck,
Seth

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
Ah ok, that makes sense. It just made me wonder, since I have 2 of them pulling from the same DC source, turned on at the same time, yet they drift out of sequence. Got me wondering why the heck it happens and if it can be counteracted. Sounds like I should pick a different pattern :D

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.