Slimlighter issue

Nov 1, 2010
Mass.
Hi,

Got a Slimlighter stuck on the "action flash" pattern.

I got it for a song, so I'm not that bummed, but it'd be nice if there was a fix.

I was thinking to take it apart and maybe see if the momentary switch was busted? hopefully it would be that and not a circuit board problem.

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
firefighter221 said:
Hi,
Got a Slimlighter stuck on the "action flash" pattern.

I got it for a song, so I'm not that bummed, but it'd be nice if there was a fix.

I was thinking to take it apart and maybe see if the momentary switch was busted? hopefully it would be that and not a circuit board problem.

If that doesn't work, you could always wire it to an external flasher...

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
Known problem fault with switch - if under 5 years old send back for warranty , the manufacturing date is inside the housing on a white sticker.

Actually given the number of times members have brought this up its disapointing that Whelen would not fix it or given the age of technology just replace it

Tunes

Oct 26, 2010
South Africa
most times you can get away with pushing the switch in and wiggle up down, side to side till it eventualy changes. if it's out of warranty it can normaly be fixed by taking the switch apart and reassembling then melting the four little tags back, no new parts required. Still a pain though.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.