Smart Siren Platinum SS3000 and Rumbler

em2436

Nov 26, 2014
NY
Hello,

I've got a smart siren setup with a rumbler and unfortunately whenever the rumbler is active and the PA mic is used it will output onto the rumlber speakers as well thus mumbling the commands and making it very difficult to hear.
Is there any way to have the relay deactivate whenever the PA mic it activated?

Thank you.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana

em2436

Nov 26, 2014
NY
It looks like the Rumbler was updated to include a timer in mid-2010. There's a bulletin, here: https://www.fedsig.com/resource-document/file/8045

It sounds like your Rumbler may not have a timer of its own. You could use the Federal Signal Model 750000-T2 Universal Timer suggested in the Rumbler manual, here: https://www.fedsig.com/resource-document/file/8129

A gun lock timer might even work, so long as it can safely switch the 12 amps that the Rumbler requires.

I'm aware of the timer functionality that comes with the rumbler, however I have it setup that it bypasses the timer and stays on as long as the relay is active on the keypad. I was wondering if there is any way to have the PA once keyed in, deactivate said relay.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
You'd have to make a relay to bypass the relay via the putt switch

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.