Smart Siren that sounds like MS4000?

I noticed a lot of videos of Clearwater PD using a siren that has a slightly altered Smart Siren wail and the yelp of the MS4000.
Someone said the Smart Siren was intergrated into a harris radio? Can anyone confirm this? This is extremely odd.

Menachem S

May 1, 2017
Brooklyn
I don't know what's going on in these videos but I can tell you that the original first revision smart siren platinum had pa640 tones in them

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
I was intrigued and tried to find any info. It does appear that Harris makes a radio that also serves as a siren and lighting controller. I have been unable to find any information on what kind of siren and light control interface the radio uses.

I was intrigued and tried to find any info. It does appear that Harris makes a radio that also serves as a siren and lighting controller. I have been unable to find any information on what kind of siren and light control interface the radio uses.
I’m assuming it works like the Motorola APX does. Didn’t Whelen also make an APX compatible light and siren controller? I think Federal Signal did the same thing with Harris.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.