Smart siren + Vision Question

LLS

May 23, 2010
NYC
Does anyone know if a Vision SS2000-SM control pad would work with a non-vision SS2000-SM brain? -Thanks

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
Medic1431 said:
I had several visions a while back and i had a regular ss2000sm brain. I hooked up a vision head to it and it worked actually.
My police department used Vision systems for many years, then went to new LED bars a few years ago with regular smart sirens. I have seen a couple of the old vision systems mixed in with new smart siren systems and yes some will work, but a lot wont. I have also seen the regular SS with Vision control heads work for a little while, but they almost all ended up have issues.

Its best to keep to either all together one compatable system just to avoid any future problems.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.