SmartSiren

ackthe2nd

Jun 4, 2011
Tennessee
Hi,

I have an issue. I have a SS2000SM i have wired it up but cannot get any of the light relays to work. The control panel shows them activating. I have programmed the panel and wired it up by the instructions. So I am open for any suggestions including anything i may have done incorrectly. thanks

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
Do you have your battery power running into the smart siren? The SS requires 2 power inputs, one which goes to ignition and activates the sirens functions and turns on the keypad (the white connector), the other to power the relays. Also, not to state the obvious, but make sure the individual fuses inside the smart siren for each of the outputs are not blown, or missing.

Here are some other questions that might help us diagnose the problem.

When you say the light relays are not working, do you mean just the aux relays, or all the relays including those for positions 1,2,3?

Where are you getting your power from? The SS can do some funky things if you do not have a good, clean, reliable power source (same for the ground).

While this is probably unlikely I will ask anyway. Do you have a SS control head and matching brain? In other words you are not trying to run Vision components with SS components are you?

Are you using the right cord from the control head to the SS? Just grabbing any phone type cord and thinking it works just because it fits does not mean it will work.

Just some things to think about, hope it helps.

ackthe2nd

Jun 4, 2011
Tennessee
Hi,

I ran 2 power inputs, for the siren and for the relays. Also checked the fuses they are good. All the relays do not work. The relays are getting power but are not switching on. As for the clean power, i have several things on the same line so i will check those. Both the control head and the box are the same. also I am using the correct cord as well. I have installed these before and had no issues like this which is why it has me stumped. From what i can tell, the relay board is getting neg and positive power as well as the power to run the lights themselves. But its like the relays are not activating as programmed, NONE are. If i manually push on the relay to close/activate it, the light will work. so it looks like all the relays are not activating to allow the power through.

Thanks for your help!

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
Sounds like it needs to go back to the land of Fed Sig!

The only other thing I can think of is make sure the ribbon cables conennecting the bpards together are connected good.

fire1

Jun 5, 2011
Michigan
ackthe2nd said:
Hi,
I have an issue. I have a SS2000SM i have wired it up but cannot get any of the light relays to work. The control panel shows them activating. I have programmed the panel and wired it up by the instructions. So I am open for any suggestions including anything i may have done incorrectly. thanks

Check your fuses. If this is what yo have for a install manual http://www.fedsig.com/docs/255284.pdf and it still will not work call fed Sig tech. support.

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
ackthe2nd said:
Hi,
I ran 2 power inputs, for the siren and for the relays. Also checked the fuses they are good. All the relays do not work. The relays are getting power but are not switching on. As for the clean power, i have several things on the same line so i will check those. Both the control head and the box are the same. also I am using the correct cord as well. I have installed these before and had no issues like this which is why it has me stumped. From what i can tell, the relay board is getting neg and positive power as well as the power to run the lights themselves. But its like the relays are not activating as programmed, NONE are. If i manually push on the relay to close/activate it, the light will work. so it looks like all the relays are not activating to allow the power through.

Thanks for your help!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.