Smith & Wesson Model 800 Siren: Wiring ?

ny04350

Aug 12, 2010
Hudson Valley, NY
S&W Model 800 siren...does anyone have or know the wiring instructions or a diagram?

It has a 15 pin molex female on the back, 3 across/5 down. Looks like only 8 or 9 are populated. Need to know positive/neg/speakers, etc.

Thanks in advance...

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Any chance you ever found a diagram? We ripped the wiring out on ours at a fire this past week and are in dire need to redo it.
This is by no means a scientific method, but I found this photo on a google search showing the rear of one with wiring for what I presume to be speakers (brown wires), ground and power.
1610173961737.png

Reactions: Denasha511

7Mary3

Aug 8, 2021
Stratford upon Avon
S&W Model 800 siren...does anyone have or know the wiring instructions or a diagram?

It has a 15 pin molex female on the back, 3 across/5 down. Looks like only 8 or 9 are populated. Need to know positive/neg/speakers, etc.

Thanks in advance...
Hi folks, has anyone come up with an S&W model 800 wiring or installation manual yet? Someone removed the entire molex connector from the unit and I am left with a handful of wires!!!

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
I found the attached on google pics. Other suggestion is to look for youtubers who have posted the 800. Quinn Dickinson posts response videos and he's got one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210808-194013_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210808-194013_Chrome.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 17

7Mary3

Aug 8, 2021
Stratford upon Avon
I found the attached on google pics. Other suggestion is to look for youtubers who have posted the 800. Quinn Dickinson posts response videos and he's got one.
Thanks for replying, I could probably work out things with a circuit diagram, but the main problem are the heavy duty copper connections to the output transformer coil windings. Are there any commoned connections or just dual windings for two outputs?

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia

I have a very similar Molex style connector on a UK Premier Hazard siren from the 1990s. I know they sourced their sirens from a third party. I came across the same heavy copper when I tried to do similar.. On mine there are 3 possible connections 100w 58w and common. With 2 pics of the Molex I would say pins 7 and 9 are to the 100w speaker and 11 negative and 12 positive. I would try sending a note to Quinn on YouTube if no one can help with the actual schematic.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.