SNM Tailgator

Gooch79

May 23, 2016
NC
I just received an SNM Tailgator. While I like the profile and features of the light, it seems like the lens will not hold up in the long run (I could be wrong). It seems flimsy and does not have a good reflector for the leds. Does anyone have any experience with this light? I think I am going to return it as it is not listed as a Class I warning light...

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
I have no direct experience with this product, but in general, under the tailgate is a poor mounting location for either warning or floodlight purposes. Too low and very limited viewing angle. "Git over here and hold that light at my knee level," said no one ever.

And if you're concerned about durability, that location takes plenty of abuse from debris and runoff.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.