So what has ELB's resident immigrant been doing?

No, not Garza.

I have been having a nightmare of a bad time recently, and things got only ever increasingly bad and frustrating yesterday when the US Immigration Services deposited a letter into my postbox detailing their intent to deny my petition to become a 10 year green card holder, and subsequently have me returned to the UK.

Now, I have a chance to give them a rebuttal and basically plead with them not to send me back (at least not yet) so there is always a chance.

But should their intent go through, a lot of my stuff will have to be sold/redistributed.

What this means is that you guys get to buy it (at reasonable pricing) and be filled with a small fuzzy feeling knowing you are helping a fellow ELBer out.

I will keep you updated as to if/when I will need to sell my items.

Reactions: Station 3

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Best of luck, Bloke.

If you are forced to leave, and then want to come back to the US, stick to the major shipping lanes so you don't get lost.
Swim.jpg

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
If you do have to go across the pond and want to keep your items pallet shipping via sea would not be too cost prohibitive... Just would take quite a while to show up.

Reactions: kitn1mcc

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Maybe you can work a deal and give info on JDI

I'll have you know I am in this country 99.8% legally. (There is that portion that was obtained through a shady organ harvest.)

So, as of last Thursday, the likelihood of me being sent home increased from 99.8% to 99.9%... :/

Folks, if you ever go through a divorce and your family flies you home to visit them, for god sake LOCK every single electronic device you have, take ALL your paperwork and instruct your friends to gather your belongings.

I didnt and now I am paying for it, as I lost a lot of my stuff, a lot of paperwork and am having to scramble to gather as much information as possible to send to USCIS before May 1st...

May 21, 2010
LKN, NC
WTF America?

[rant]
If you try to be an upstanding citizen and go through the proper channels to do things, you get the run around and at the end of the day you get zero help from the programs that are supposed to help you. OTOH, if you cheat your way around, you can pretty much get away with anything.
[/rant]

So I am now officially going to be returning to the UK, under my own steam. As that is pretty much what the USCIS lot would like. For the price of a flight I can go home, mess things up and come back and visit, without being banned.

If I continue to try and stake my claim, I will have to go through an obligatory court hearing, or 4, and would probably end up spending $5000+ on legal fees, court costs, etc. Also, if I am denied, I then get removed from the US and a stamp in my passport banning me from visiting for a set amount of time (I was told around 5 years minimum)

The good news, I get to drink British beer again and you lot get my Sirens.

I have: Will set up a sale thread closer to departure time.
Whelen 295HFSA6 (No wiring harness, W/Mic)
Federal PA170 (Partial harness)
Federal Pa-100 (No Harness)
Code 3 Model 3632H (No harness)
Stirling SS2H4 (Works, tested)
Whelen SP123 100W speaker (Tested working)

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Warm British beer. Doubly pffft.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
OK, we're all trying to come up with something, here.

• Uh, you are a Syrian refugee that found Lewisham to be too dangerous, and you should be granted asylum in the US
  • Oooo, in that same vein: You've been targeted by the Queen's secret death squad, so you can't possibly return
  • You can't possibly endure the English climate, now that you've lived in idyllic Alabama.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I am not from London.... Thereby none of the above apply.

1. Are you saying the Queen's secret death squad is limited to operations only in the metro area?
2. By not refuting it, you have confirmed there is a secret death squad.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I still working on Bloke's dilemma.

This is just a rough draft.
sub1.jpg

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
He's going to have to leave his blinkies with me. (Part of the overall scheme.)

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
One stinkin' Edge frame?

kick-him-out.png

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
trump.jpg

I’m gonna build a wall. It will be a wall around Alabama, to keep the British out, and I’ll make the British pay for that wall. For too long, the English have taken our jobs…

Small update -

I will be photographing the sirens (the old edge bar has gone, thanks to a friend) when I get home from work today.

I think, with the "as is" a reasonable price would be looking for around $350-$375 shipped for the lot. I dont really want to sell them individually due to time constraints. Do you think that is a fair price for the above posted sirens, guys? I bought everything on there for at least $75 each.

As it stands, I will be leaving the United States sometime in August. As my extended work authorisation ends on Aug 22nd, it sucks....but having let it sink in a bit, I think it is time I did go home and re-organise my life again.....for the 3rd time in 2 years.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.