So you like blue lights......

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
I like that lighter shade of blue with a hint of teal in it. There were a few darker blue lights, but the dark blue looks kind of purple.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Classic example of how “less is more” in certain instances. You can have dozens of lightheads flashing in split, seiure, & flickering patterns, or you can accomplish an effective build using a fraction of that amount (mounted in all the right places, of course) if set on simple, whole flashing patterns. If I had to choose just ONE flash pattern that I could use for everything in an install, a single flash or signal alert would be my pick.

Reactions: jmamrak

John Hearne

May 27, 2010
Pontotoc County, MS
I am a big fan of flashing blocks of lights together, especially if you can center mount the takedownws.

Assume a bar like:
(Blue)(Blue)(Blue)(TD)(TD)(Red)(Red)(Red)

I'll set the bar up so all the blues fire together and alternate with all of the reds. You are effectively creating a larger "footprint" of light. There's a reason the big "E" at the top of the eye chart is easiest to read.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.