Society is at an all time low...

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Yesterday night I was heading home from work on patrol in my POV and a call came out of a major accident I was still in my uniform which for me is suit and tie and badge and a gun since im a plain clothes officer. Well I was around 1-2 miles from the accident well I turned on my red and blues and a car infront of my POV break checked me. The car then came to a complete stop in the middle of the road and rolled down his window and the driver was making some hand gestures like if he was upset. Well finally the guy moves over to the slow lane and he is still making hand gestures so I roll down my window and the guy started yelling at me but I could not hear him due to the distance well I tell the guy to pull over and I park my POV behind him like a traffic stop. I walked over to the guy identified myself and my agency like any normal traffic stop and asked him what his deal was. Well the guy a 20 something college looking kid already had his cell phone out recording the whole incident and was demanding an apology for me tailgating him with my red and blue lights on. I then told the kid hey im responding to major car accident did you not see the other 4 units responding ahead of us and the kid was still demanding an apology. I then told the kid look your right I was tailgating you but you need to mover over for red and blue lights your stopping me from responding to a call right now. The kid then with a cold attitude said AM I FREE TO GO I then said yeah take off. I then continued to respond to the call I took a small residential road instead of a road that was under heavy construction at the time. I turned off my red and blue lights since it was late at night and it was a residential area and when I reached the road that would take me to the accident dispatch then advised that there was around 9 units already on scene I then I noticed the same car now tailgating me! well I immediately pull over and get off my vehicle and ask the guy are you following me? and the kid says yes why did you turn off you lights where is the emergency tell me while still recording our interaction. Well I told the kid well im probably going to head home since there are to many units on location now. at that time dispatch advised that they were looking for a possible person ejected from the car and they were searching the field. I then basically walked away from the kid and got in my pov to head to the scene which was less then a quarter mile away at this point and the kid sped off. Two people died at that car accident a small infant and the mother died they were T-boned by a large F-350 work truck and they Pontiac grand am they were driving did not stand a chance. I was physically stopped by a member of the general public from responding to a call because he wanted an apology for me tail gating him? Last time I heard and checked you have to pull over for emergency vehicles society is at an all time low and think this new generation of kids is out of control. The only reason I did not arrest this kid on the spot is because im a deputy constable in the next county over and I was more concerned with the call then dealing with a moron. And it was a unique situation since I was dressed as an officer but in reality I was responding to a medical and fire call so I don't think this kid would understand that. I really hope that kid sees the news and realizes what happed that night and how many people died so that he can open up his eyes at what really happens in this world and what we do every day.

I would like to add that I did reach the scene and helped package one driver and put him on the ambulance a small infant was still alive and we loaded him onto the air evac chopper but he later died before reaching the hospital. I wear a lot of hats im a cop a firefighter and a certified first responder and worked EMS for 2 years before becoming a cop. I hope this kid uploads the video on the internet so I can track him down and shame him in public for delaying my response to a double fatal car accident.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
He wont. Respect for public safety and utility workers has gone. All people want now is free everything and how dare you take something from them if they don't pay. They also do t want rules till something hurts them then they want every rule just don't apply it to them.

acklover

Apr 28, 2014
Southern Indiana
Too many people filming police and trying to attack the officer with their "I got my civil rights" speech, then putting it on YouTube. Their mantra is "am I being detained?".  Its a disgusting trend. My LEO buddies talk about the self entitled "millennial" generation, and your post is just another great example. That kid will most likely be clueless if he hears about the accident in the news. The media is fueling dislike and disrespect for law enforcement too.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
On a not so serious note...is there a prize for the first person to find the YouTube video of this encounter?!

On a serious note, it is absolutely pathetic and it unfortunately seems like the entire "young" generation has this mentality and wants to go find the confrontation to post and garner attention from their friends and/or media. Truly pathetic.

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
Years ago, I was responding to a car crash with people trapped and the car on fire. Some idiot wouldn't pull over, and even went left of center to prevent me from passing him. I finally got around him, and I could see he was laughing. I had called in his plate number for future follow up, but I didn't have time to mess with him at the time. I was in a fully marked patrol car with siren blaring, so he couldn't claim he didn't know what he was doing.

Well for once, poetic justice prevailed. After arriving on the scene, it was quickly determined that four had burned to death in the car. Lo and behold, here comes the asshole that had tried to delay my response. He had cars behind him, so he couldn't escape.

I was good and mad, so I pulled him out of the car and took him up to the fatal vehicle. The bodies were charred and still smoking when I told him this was why I was in a hurry, and asked him if he was proud of himself, considering it may have been possible to save them if he hadn't prevented my timely response.

After he threw up all over himself, I wrote him several citations and sent him on his way. People need to learn that there are consequences for their actions. Of course, if you did this today, some "activists" would claim it was a violation of his rights and there would probably be a law suit.

These idiots pulling these stunts trying to get something incriminating on cell phone video make me nauseous. I, for one, am doing my part by not watching any of their videos. I must be getting old. The cell phone, UTube generation sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Society/people are about the same as they have always been....  awful.  The ways of documenting it are changing, that's all.  I was recently doing some family tree research and looking at micofilm of old local newspapers.  There was one where a principal shot a teacher in the face and made the 2nd graders watch.  Never made national news. Never made it past the local paper.  Nowadays everything is being captured on video and then uploaded onto the internet until proven otherwise.  I used to hear the cops I idolized in the 1980s talking about how the younger generation (me) had no respect for the law like they did in the 1960s.  The previous generation said the same thing about those 80s cops when they were teens.  People have always been rude, obnoxious and self serving; especially in their younger years.  I don't buy into the whole "this generation is different" thing.  I don't see any attitudes or actions being described that generation X wasn't accused of by the baby boomers. The baby boomers themselves were hailed as the most selfish generation ever by the world war II generation.  The list goes on that way.  When you get to be an "adult" the younger generation always seems more ungrateful and more privileged than you ever were.  This "younger"  generation just has different tools to be assholes with, but they are just assholes.... like us and our parents before us.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
If society wants a lawless, anarchy..... they can have it. Because that's what will happen without police. Just tell them to wait 5-10 years so I can finish getting my electrical engineering degree and a different job.... Yes, I'm not waiting for it to get worse, I'm going back to school, already enrolled, and either starting this fall or this spring. Enough is enough, life's too short, I don't need the added stress of dealing daily with people that hate you.

Either that, or build a big fence, government free, and let anyone who wants this live there.

It's not going to get better, it's only going to get worse.

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
Fence off the entire state of Wyoming, and tell them it will be a no po-lice zone.

But the kick will be, watch how many people will voluntarily move there.

Reactions: rwo978

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Get the president, snake

mcpd2025

May 20, 2010
Maryland, USA
As much as I hate Jersey, Maryland is already a liberal cesspool of ignorance.  They like criminals so much down here, we could easily throw some walls around it and make it a prison.

We would just have to get 98% of the Jersey people outta there and we could make it a decent state...

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
In the age of everything has to be PC, the fight for equality has turned into the demand for special treatment and privilege.The minority only hiring processes for fire/police/EMS has screwed thousands of more than qualified people out of jobs, including myself, and has put communities in more danger. Ex: The FDNY and that female in recent stories. That was the beginning. Now the demand for privilege has turned into complete hatred of law enforcement, though there's plenty of excellent minority officers on the job.

Riots ensue after a thug tries to pull a gun on officers/attacks officers/attacks others and then they end up dead. When a LEO is murdered in cold blood, no matter the LEO's skin color, you wont hear "all lives matter," black lives matter," etc. Firefighters and EMS are being killed and injured while trying to rescue people and save valuables, no matter their skin color. Whites get killed while detained and still no riots though if a LEO administers a simple choke hold, police brutality is called.

Welcome to the new America. People don't care about anything but themselves and whatever makes them happy.(drugs, alcohol, money, belongings) When one of us gets killed in a LODD, people say, "that person knew what they were getting into when they swore in, no sympathy here."

Oh and if you're slowed by one of these people, and you're late and a person dies due to injuries or w/e the issue is, that person who slowed you will try to start a riot claiming you were too slow. Faith in humanity  is all but out the window.

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
I just liked Wyoming because it's square-ish and would be easy to fence off.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.