Solar Powered Arjent S2 Programming Help

KaptinKaos

Jul 17, 2017
Mesa, Az
I have 2 Solar Power Arjent S2's, and I cannot get the 6 button controllers to sync to either one of them. I've contacted Federal Signal and they have no information regarding the light bar itself or programming or syncing the control box to light bar. I've attached a photo of the wireless box. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Also any one know of away to power these bars directly as the battery packs don't maintain a charge and shut down in the summer heat?

Attachments

• 20170717_183817.jpg
    20170717_183817.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 8

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
FInd where the battery attaches and replace with your own + & -

As for the controller without knowing if it's blue toother or what freq it operates on. That part would be above my pay grade lol. How about a rear pic of Saud controllet

KaptinKaos

Jul 17, 2017
Mesa, Az
It is RF, attached are the pictures of the back and internals of the controller.

Attachments

• 20170718_082440.jpg
    20170718_082440.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 20170718_082502.jpg
    20170718_082502.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 20170718_082527.jpg
    20170718_082527.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 18

KaptinKaos

Jul 17, 2017
Mesa, Az
Also, I did run 3 volts to each of the battery plugs with enough amperage to run the bar, wasn't sure if the was an alternative option anyone has ever heard about or knows of

dcb

May 21, 2010
Lexington, Fayette Co, KY
If I remember correctly, the controller is mated to the lightbar - so you must have a matching set in order to work. Are these from AZ DOT? I doubt tech support can help, you will probably have to ask to speak with an engineer or a product manager.

KaptinKaos

Jul 17, 2017
Mesa, Az
Yes, these are from AZ DPS.
That is what I thought, that they are supposed to be matched, Federal Signal couldn't verify if that was the case or not and the RF transmitter/receiver was made by Digi and they don't have any info anymore. The engineer at Federal Signal apologized for having these and that all their info has been purged except for some pictures for the original patent which they sent me.
I'm starting to think these are 40 pound paper weights since nothing is controllable without their matched controller setup. Normally I would tear out the proprietary components and replace them with standard LED flasher modules from Whelen, Code 3, Federal Signal, etc, but the Arjent S2's I have here don't permit that.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
are those dip switches on the the long black boxes? hard to tell. if it is, it means that all you would have to do is find ther receiver in the bar and match the dipswitches... we have a smiliar setup in our ADA door controllers

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Find some Hams near you and see if they are digitally capable of hooking up the digi controller to a service monitor and see what it is rx / tx ing.

Or even a radio service

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.