SOLD Mcdonald & Arneson TrafficMaster model M, 6volt, glass dome! - No Longer Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Mcdonald & Arneson TrafficMaster model M, 6volt, glass dome!

I have another hard to find item here, recently picked up with its younger brother (that Kerry just posted about restoring).

This McDonald and Arneson TrafficMaster model M is functional on 6volts and has a nice heavy glass dome. Condition is good for the age. The glass has an internal crack as shown in the photo, but it is not through and through. The glass displays well as is, but a polish wouldn't hurt.

Known issues: The wiring does not appear original as it is PVC coated vs cloth and has electrical tape. One bulb is either out or their is a loose connection under the electrical tape. There are no done retention screws although all of their holes are intact.

This will display well as is or will look pristine with little work! Only selling because I already have two in my collection.

I prefer payment via PayPal, but will honor sales through Panjo as well.

Ask all questions before buying. I do not accept returns or offer warranties/guarantees.

FREE SHIPPING in the USA!

List Date: 11/28/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Mcdonald & Arneson TrafficMaster model M, 6volt, glass dome!
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

astaticimages.panjo.com_browseformore.png
--------------------------------------
aimagecdn2.panjo.com_images_threadpost_ae151d18_4946_447a_a607_33079837bd4f.jpg
aimagecdn2.panjo.com_images_threadpost_41fbbe64_b373_4ee1_a7ec_0a782d385d28.jpg
aimagecdn2.panjo.com_images_threadpost_62a6f987_75b0_4d77_ac62_db2fe94fa8d3.jpg
aimagecdn2.panjo.com_images_threadpost_d76ff209_9e10_4286_a5e1_af00623506aa.jpg
aimagecdn2.panjo.com_images_threadpost_327e9ad0_7f08_406e_b5d4_baee554b882d.jpg
aimagecdn2.panjo.com_images_threadpost_83e35011_4e9b_46cd_88e1_7f7a97210980.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
I love the one that I got from you Tony. My wiring was even original. I had my doubts that all the flashers would work but they did. The flash pattern on these is insane. Four bulbs flashing in no set fashion is really cool. Another neat thing is that these lights are absolutely perfectly quiet when running. I cant believe they could make silent flashers back then and today the ones we buy seem so noisy.

Reactions: tsquale

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I love the one that I got from you Tony. My wiring was even original. I had my doubts that all the flashers would work but they did. The flash pattern on these is insane. Four bulbs flashing in no set fashion is really cool. Another neat thing is that these lights are absolutely perfectly quiet when running. I cant believe they could make silent flashers back then and today the ones we buy seem so noisy.
Truly a modern marvel for their time! The one you got and this one both came from the same estate sale. I already had one of each hence selling yours and now this one.

Jul 14, 2014
North Central US
What the hell are you doing up this time of night? Isn't it past your bedtime? Does your mother know you're up, fooling around on the computer???;)
Buuuuuuuuut... I can't afford such expensive toys like these. I'm still waiting/asking Santa Claus for a used/abused, clear 8000 dome that someone might have laying around... I've been pretty good this year, so far...

Reactions: tsquale
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.