For Sale SOLD - (paid for and shipped) Federal Signal StreetHawk Intersection Sweep Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
Last edited:

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Are these the same as DynaRay Intersection Lights, or is there a difference? I've looked around but have been unable to find a good answer.

Reactions: Pete L.

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
I'm not sure but I have heard them called both Intersection Sweeps and DynaRays over the years.
Earlier versions had a taller reflector. These are the later version (shorter reflector).

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
Your question, Jeff, got my curiosity going so I went digging in the tubs.
Check out this picture. The lights I have listed are the later Intersection
Sweeps (left in the pic). The earlier sweeps with the taller reflector are the DynaRay.
Notice the different placement of the gears and the different bracket.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
I have seen and heard of all kinds of configurations for these. They were to compete with the MX7000's intersections. One of the original ones I saw, was they reversed the bar, so the outer rotators were in the rear, with the i-sects having a full sized reflector, which, yes blocked out the rear outside rotator. In another configuration, I think shown above in the ad, that extra plate, moves the front outer rotators back abit so the I-sect lights fits.

If that made sense.

Also I think Dyna-ray, was specifically for the Vista bar

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
They were called the DynaRay ICL in some StreetHawk literature. Here is one example:

3PYcXJz.jpg

Scan courtesy of @JohnMarcson

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
Good info, thanks.
We had a box truck with one, it had the inner rotators towards the front of the bar and the outers to the rear and these 2 full size reflector sweeps, and I thought it was odd having the back rotators flash against a box. If you looked at it center front, the i-sects blocked out the rear rotators.

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
Many, many years ago I knew a fire chief that had TwinSonics on the box medic units. He put
polished aluminum film on the box behind the lightbar. It acted as an extra mirror for the
light. Actually was kind of cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.