Some apparatus from Sweden

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Nice! I think my favorites are the Mercedes ambulance and the car in background of the pic 5th from the bottom. I love the lights on the Volvo ambo, but I hate that it looks like a hearse (I HATE those things for some reason).

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Can you get more photos of the volvo ambulance? Both interior and exterior? Kinda curious how it is laid out, and how much room there is... (I do agree it does look sorta like a hearse...)

philyumpshus

Jun 20, 2010
Malone, NY
I love the E-series van with the two Liberties on it. The dark blue that they use in Europe is better looking IMO.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
What kind of sirens are used on emergency vehicles in Sweden? European hi-lo horns or North American type electronic sirens (wail and yelp tones)?

cutiger

Jun 11, 2010
SC
I would take a Pierce over one of those fire trucks any day.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
A few comments...

1) Is that a pair of TWO POD viewpoints?! how exotic...

2) I prefer a white-on-red paint job rather than a yellow-on-red one.

3) I'd love to know more about the lightbar on the E-series in the 5th image - mostly who makes it, what's it called, and is its product literature available in English?

4) The ambulance in the 7th images is absolutely horrendous. If they're gonna make an ambulance like that, they should base it on an SUV or a van, not a sedan.

6) The ambulance in the second-to-last image has amber lights facing forward - which I hate. I also hate the British practice of using red lights facing back but not forward.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
RJ* said:
http://www.standby.eu/ Click on the UK/US flag for the English language version.[/quote:1ibn9fgc]

Thanks! I'd been wondering about them for a while... And they've got one lightbar that looks suspiciously like a SoundOff Pinnacle...

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
kinda liking the look of the tower.wouldnt wanna drive it or depend on it for a call but it looks different

hitechrednex

Jul 25, 2010
Florida
i could never get used to the look of a european style fire truck. i like the american brands. e-one, pierce, sutphen, and american lafrance

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
RJ* said:
Would that be Battenburg, as in the checkerboard pattern markings?[/quote:zbim95yt]

I would think so.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Must...Have...SAAB!

Do the van's light bars have half LIN and half TIR light heads?

May 22, 2010
Central WV
What kind of light is that on the Volvo V70 Biofuel EMS on its front pushbar? It looks like a TIR version of a Sound Off Intersector style light, but those on the car only provide 90* coverage. I looked at the Standby website, but couldn't find anything resembling it. Anyone have any idea? Just curious.

Some nice vehicles. Definitely different ones than we have here in the states. Though, I think that Mercedes ambulance is just awkward.

cory y

May 21, 2010
RJ* said:
Would that be Battenburg, as in the checkerboard pattern markings?[/quote:1v1lslrn]

Yeah thats what i meant...

it looks freaking awesome! and is very effective

RJ*

May 21, 2010
Finland
PTM_Stockholm said:

Those two lightheads on the hood look really stupid. Other than that, it's a nice setup. Personally I don't like the van itself (prefer VW), but if Carl Gustaf wants his officers riding around in it, good for him.

Stendec

May 21, 2010
What's a MTR Tunnelbanan do?

I think some Americans don't realize just how tight some of the streets and cities can get in Europe. They can make NYC look like the Great Plains.

Euro CIE Blue rocks.

PTM_Stockholm

Jun 8, 2010
Stockholm Sweden
Stendec said:

I think some Americans don't realize just how tight some of the streets and cities can get in Europe. They can make NYC look like the Great Plains.

Euro CIE Blue rocks.

"Tunnelbanan" is the Swedish word for subway and MTR are e.g. MTR Corporation Limited a Chinese company who operate the subway in Stockholm.

it is a large system,over 100 km with c.a 800 000 passengers every day.

the VW passat in the picture are 1 of 6 that serve mostly all kind of emergencys and breakdowns.

You can find more pics of the car here:

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1217

RJ*

May 21, 2010
Finland
Stendec said:

Yeah, but this is Sweden we're talking about... with the exception of Stockholm's tiny Old Town, it's pretty spacious. Central Europe is where it's bad.

PTM_Stockholm said:
"Tunnelbanan" is the Swedish word for subway and MTR are e.g. MTR Corporation Limited a Chinese company who operate the subway in Stockholm.

Shouldn't it have knockoff China lighting then? :lol:

Fluffy126577

May 24, 2010
Toledo, OH
Is there anyway you can get interior shots of the ambulance?? I would really like to see how everything looks. I just can't imagine there is much room or any at all.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.