some old rigs that I found part #1

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Deadend.. No pics, no link

rick h.

May 21, 2010
Green Bank WV.
I have alot of pics to download ,but cannot get photobucket to work very good tonight. netflic ads keep popping up . Is there a way to upload all the pics at one time instead of 1 at a time ? Sorry I cannot get photobucket to work tonight .You might be able to view my ablums under rickh100 .

Last edited by a moderator:

MESDA6

Jun 2, 2010
Central IL and PHX
rick h. said:
I have alot of pics to download ,but cannot get photobucket to work very good tonight. netflic ads keep popping up . Is there a way to upload all the pics at one time instead of 1 at a time ?

When you click the upload button on Photobucket, there is an option to use the Bulk Uploader. Click that link, and follow the instructions. It will upload as many as you want in the same upload.

car54

May 24, 2010
michigan
EL1998P71 said:
That caprice wagon is sorta rare for a police car. They made more civilian ones than police. Not a popular choice over the non wagon one.

I beg the differ, in that era of caprice wagons our county sheriff ran those as paramedic units till they quite making them and then some. They drove them nut fast out on M57 responding to calls a little to fast at times too.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
rick h. said:
I have alot of pics to download ,but cannot get photobucket to work very good tonight. netflic ads keep popping up . Is there a way to upload all the pics at one time instead of 1 at a time ? Sorry I cannot get photobucket to work tonight .You might be able to view my ablums under rickh100 .

When you click on a file in your computer that you want to upload, hold the Ctrl button and click on the rest of the files you want to upload. It will upload them all at once.

YOu could also highlight all of the files by clicking the mouse outside of the file and dragging over all of them.

rick h.

May 21, 2010
Green Bank WV.
The owner was not there and a Employee advised that the Owner hardly ever sold anything .Most of the rigs were parked out in the weather and had been there for years .I will try to get more pics posted sometime today .Hopefully photobucket will cooperate better today.

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
In my experience, the best way to coax items off people who don't want to get rid of items is to make it obvious how much you want said items. If the owner's not one to sell things, make sure that he knows that you're willing and able to remove everything yourself. And, assuming he doesn't know the worth of the items, start with a very low offer and keep adding money to your "offering" price so it seems that you're willing to pay him a lot more than he would usually get for something. This has worked for me in the past, I hope it works for you!

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Agreed, Doran. I had the same kind of approach in the past. For many people, it's not really that they don't want to sell the stuff, but the idea of removing old dirty stuff for hours. If you save them the trouble, they might say yes after all.

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
EL1998P71 said:
That caprice wagon is sorta rare for a police car. They made more civilian ones than police. Not a popular choice over the non wagon one.

Got one but there no spot light and it's silver and needs work.

But i'm a driven' it.

rick h.

May 21, 2010
Green Bank WV.
plybeep68 said:
Are they restoring the ambulance? Odd how they are painting it

I am not sure to the extent of the restoration .He was in the process of painting it when I showed up and stopped to take time to show Me around . I could have spent 2-3 more hrs. looking around and getting more pics but I did not want to push my luck .Hopefully I will get back up there in a couple of weeks and hopefully get some more picks . Funny thing I passed thru this area a couple of years ago and did not stop and kinda of forgot about them till I went thru there last week

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
EL1998P71 said:

I'd take that Caprice wagon anytime, especially if it has the LT1 engine. I had a '94 Caprice that was an ex-PD, ex-taxi that had mega-miles on it, but did that thing run! It was stolen about 10 years ago and has never turned up...and I still have the title.

I recently traded for a Buick Roadmaster wagon. It has the LT1 engine and runs o.k., but it needs a bit of cosmetics before I can put it on the road: the front grille is missing as is one of the front corner lights.

EL1998P71

May 23, 2010
Sterling Heights Mich
car54 said:
I beg the differ, in that era of caprice wagons our county sheriff ran those as paramedic units till they quite making them and then some. They drove them nut fast out on M57 responding to calls a little to fast at times too.

from the impala site.

1A2 (police) wagons made from 1991-1996 Total = 846

regular wagons from 1991-1996 Total Production = 51,350

So your sheriff dept got some of the very few made. (they were police package cars right?)

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
EL1998P71 said:
from the impala site.

So your sheriff dept got some of the very few made. (they were police package cars right?)

Don't know how many were made, but I ran across the Oldsmobile version of these wagons over the weekend. Decent old car.

Reno911

Sep 15, 2012
Southern Oregon
9c1 Wagon, extremely rare. I've never seen one in person. NYPD was still using some when 9/11 hit. I remember seeing one without it's corner lamp in a couple documentaries.

I think it's pretty cool that pretty much every old fire vehicle I've seen (other than SUV/car) still have all the emergency lights. I would rather buy a restored fire truck than to restore one. Lot of work!

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
Reno911 said:
9c1 Wagon, extremely rare. I've never seen one in person. NYPD was still using some when 9/11 hit. I remember seeing one without it's corner lamp in a couple documentaries.

I think it's pretty cool that pretty much every old fire vehicle I've seen (other than SUV/car) still have all the emergency lights. I would rather buy a restored fire truck than to restore one. Lot of work!

I just happened to discover an old Crown Vic ex-fire chief's car for sale that still has the emergency equipment, but that's getting to be rare of late. To keep a long story short, a friend of mine who ran a small transfer ambulance service got in "hot water" with a federal DOT agent a number of years ago, when the agent saw the guy removing the tunnel lights and light bars from a couple of old ambulances he was putting up for sale. The guy told him (and I had heard this before and had already warned the guy) that the feds had made a law back in the '70s banning the removal of lights, sirens, speakers, etc., from ambulances, firetrucks or rescues, where such equipment came with the vehicle from the factory or point of conversion. My buddy popped off at the DOT guy that he had been told that Homeland Security was requiring that emergency equipment be removed prior to selling, but the agent said that there was no such rule or law. He stood there and made the guy put everything back as it was, and told him that on his trip back thru again, if he saw them gone, it would hit the fan! Quick end to that story!

rick h.

May 21, 2010
Green Bank WV.
I do not have any more info on the M-M .I am going to try to go back up there in a week or 2 and get some more pics and info .These are located about 4 hrs. from Me.There is also a part # 2 on here also if you have not seen it

car54

May 24, 2010
michigan
EL1998P71 said:
from the impala site.

Those numbers......wow. I'd never would have guessed that but.

Absolutely and hardley ever wrecked one either, too bad I cann't say that for the Tahoes they run with now. Sorry for the delay too.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
car54 said:
Those numbers......wow. I'd never would have guessed that but.
Absolutely and hardley ever wrecked one either, too bad I cann't say that for the Tahoes they run with now. Sorry for the delay too.

The Tahoes are getting popular around here now. The Midland SO has begun replacing their Crown Vics with Tahoes...all slick topped, too. Odessa FD has a pair: one for the Batt. chiefs and another for the Sr. Captains.

If anyone knows of a good source for parts for the Caprices, etc., I'm needing a left corner light and the grille for my '91 Roadmaster wagon.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.