Something different! Just got a NOS, in box, Whelen 800D strobe with 3 NOS split color domes

RS485

Supporting Donor
Aug 5, 2019
Central MA
I love split domes!
At one point ('80s), Mass DPW supervisor trucks had a pair of Whelen "classic" F-heads on a crossbar with a split B/A on the driver's side (blue facing rear) and full amber on passenger. I don't recall ever seeing that on the plow trucks though. @dmathieu - Thanks for sharing!

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
I'm also from Mass, and never saw the blue used on DPW. I remember Amber both sides of the crossbar. I wonder if it was a one off for some reason. Mass was amber front, red rear in the 50s-60s. In 90s-00s, I remember some clear to the rear.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.