Sometimes Craigslist is awesome

shibby1952

May 8, 2013
Iowa
I tell you, sometimes I am amazed at the stuff that pops up on Craigslist. It takes hours and hours of searching, but sometimes you just hit pay dirt. Anyway, this bar came up and was only a couple hours away. It's a brand new in the box (albeit destroyed), 70" Code 3 MX7000. Now I have never been a huge fan of the MX, I have sold numerous smaller ones over the years, but I sure won't pass up the chance to buy a brand new one. And it's the larger fire truck version to boot.
So the story I got was that the city of Des Moines, Iowa bought this bar for installation on one of their fire trucks back in March of 1995. Well for whatever reason, it was stuck in a city warehouse and forgotten about. 24 years later, the city decides to clean the warehouse out and auctions off everything inside. So this was mixed in with the various parking meters, and filing cabinets that were being auctioned. The guy I got it from bought it on a whim and didn't really want it. So he posted it, and I happened to see it shortly after. The weird thing was, I pull up to the house and realize this is the same guy I bought a Ford truck bumper from a couple of years ago. He's a real packrat who will buy anything and everything at auction just to have it.
Anyway, here it is. I just plan to polish up the cardboard scratches a little, mount some feet on it, and put it up on a shelf for now. It is pretty basic, with 4 corner sweeps, 7 rotators, 2 front flashers, and 2 rear flashers. It also has a red half barrel filter facing the rear on one side, and a blue half barrel filter facing the front on the other side.

PTDC0520.JPGPTDC0521.JPGPTDC0522.JPGPTDC0524.JPGPTDC0526.JPG

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I think I saw that one the other day (he was asking $300). Looked clean, had the factory box in the background of the photo. If it was not so much, I would have considered it, glad it went to a good home.

shibby1952

May 8, 2013
Iowa
Fortunately I am a shrewd negotiator. Or maybe he was headed to another auction the next day and needed gas money and space on his trailer.

Reactions: tsquale

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Code 3 had some sales pamphlets that said
"The MX700 with 3 center sections is the king of all lightbars with over 2840FPM (Long live the king)."

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.