Sos Ghost lights

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
ok last install i was kinda rushed getting it done. did evertyhing the same i have always done and thought everything was correct till power up,,installed 1 pair of ghost lights, ran the power,ground and pattern/sync wire together.

power ran directly from battery,fused and ran into a switch

the hot wires from lights ran down to another position on the switch

ground was ran directly from battery and the ground for the lights where tied in and ran to ground position on switch.

issue i am having is that the light on the switch will not go out and should only be lit when the lights are powered.

question is could i have a bad switch or could it be a grounding issue,ground the lights sperate from the switch ground

i actually give up trying to retrace everything this time around and wanted to ask for help

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
TCO said:
ok last install i was kinda rushed getting it done. did evertyhing the same i have always done and thought everything was correct till power up,,installed 1 pair of ghost lights, ran the power,ground and pattern/sync wire together.
power ran directly from battery,fused and ran into a switch

the hot wires from lights ran down to another position on the switch

ground was ran directly from battery and the ground for the lights where tied in and ran to ground position on switch.

issue i am having is that the light on the switch will not go out and should only be lit when the lights are powered.

question is could i have a bad switch or could it be a grounding issue,ground the lights sperate from the switch ground

i actually give up trying to retrace everything this time around and wanted to ask for help

Try swapping the wire from the battery with the wire from your lights at the switch.

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
tried that and the rocker is still lit either way if it is on or off

May 22, 2010
New York City
i did buy some rocker switches off ebay once and they did the same thing, it was how they were made... maybe you have something like i bought......

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
got it working,somehow or another i had a bad switch

Last edited by a moderator:

usdemt

May 21, 2010
Vermillion SD
It had to be the switch, the light on the switches have a constant ground and so does your Ghost lights, however the only power is coming into then out of the switch so the lights even if they provided a grounding back feed still would not give power to the light on the switch.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.