SOS Predator 2 CHMSL?

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Ok everyone, I have a customer who just bought four of the SOS Predator 2 CHMSL in red and blue from me. He plans on taking the lightheads out and mounting four in his grill and four in the back window of a 2012 Ram 1500. My question is, are all Predator 2 lightheads interior/exterior or is he SOL and needs to mount them interior? He insists on mounting them in the grill so I figure I will ask here before he does the install. Thanks.

[Broken External Image]:http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x381/MOREVS/SOSCHMSLPRED2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

bigcat

May 20, 2010
Hartford County, CT
SOI makes interior/exterior and interior only lights. Being that these are designed to be interior mounted, SOI may have forgone weatherproofing them. You should be able to see silicone sealant around the outer lens if they are sealed tight. Also take a look at where the wiring comes out. It should be pretty beefed up if it is exterior mount.

Agent72

May 27, 2010
US Florida
bigcat said:
SOI makes interior/exterior and interior only lights. Being that these are designed to be interior mounted, SOI may have forgone weatherproofing them. You should be able to see silicone sealant around the outer lens if they are sealed tight. Also take a look at where the wiring comes out. It should be pretty beefed up if it is exterior mount.

The lightheads from the CHMSL are not meant for exterior mounting. They are not fully encapsulated like the exterior mount predator IIs. I would advise him not to mount them in the grill as they will be ruined my the elements. I just took one of these units arpart the other day and they are in no way meant for outside application. There are no weatherproof seals anywhere on these units. Sorry to disappoint.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.