Sound-Off Headlight Flasher

InstallDude

May 24, 2010
United States/Texas
Just F.Y.I.,Sound Off,has a vehicle compatability chart on the website. You need to have Microsoft Office,on your computer,to view it.

bburnette21

Apr 16, 2011
Tennessee
TritonBoulder47 said:
SoundOff Tech - Technical Service Bulletins

There ya go... As per their Tech Sheet, your vehicle is not listed... You'd have to test your headlights and see if they are positive or nagative switched...

So as long as my headlights are positively switched, then this headlight flasher will work??

There were lots of types to choose from on the drop-down menu, which one should I select for my specific vehicle?

Thanks

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Like I said, you would have to test to see if your lights are Positive or Negative switched... SoundOff makes both positive and negative side HLFs...

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
One thing you'll need to find out is if the high beams are relay or solid state controlled. You can find out easily by looking at your fuse panel cover. It will tell you if there is a high beam relay. The other thing you need to find out is if you have a single or dual fuse system. This will be helpful in determining if you need to cut wires or not.

If your system is solid state controlled, then you'll need an isolated flasher to prevent any damage from occurring to the vehicle's brain. About $5 more expensive, but cheaper than spending $600-$1000 for a new brain. :thumbsup:

Tony

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I'd get with ERM on a flasher... I've pretty much stopped selling my SOS flashers because his are so much more versatile.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.