Sound Off Intersectors

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
Ok I got these awesome new lights a few days ago and just put them on my Jeep (couldnt even put them on their normal mountig spots) and ran the wire through my door. Then I fed the wire into the factory door rubber door connector thing, and realised that it was a plug, and now Im stuck. Anyone do this and or have suggestions on how to get the wire inside to my switchbox? They look awesome but I cant even use them so Im not too happy right now. Pics to follow tomorow in my 2005 jeep liberty install post.

Klein

May 22, 2010
Texas
theroofable said:
Ok I got these awesome new lights a few days ago and just put them on my Jeep (couldnt even put them on their normal mountig spots) and ran the wire through my door. Then I fed the wire into the factory door rubber door connector thing, and realised that it was a plug, and now Im stuck. Anyone do this and or have suggestions on how to get the wire inside to my switchbox? They look awesome but I cant even use them so Im not too happy right now. Pics to follow tomorow in my 2005 jeep liberty install post.

My Explorer has same plastic plug in door frame. Gonna go look and see what I did to make it work. standby.

Klein

May 22, 2010
Texas
It appears we just carefully drilled a hole in the plastic grommet that has factory wires going through it. You should be able to do that whether or not it is plastic/rubber. You can then seal around it if need be.

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
Ok thanks, Ill have to look at it tomorow, Im too impatient to do it tonight, however it appeared as of there was not much room, and a ton of wires in it. I hope that will work for me as it did for you. And also thanks for the quick reply.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.