Sound Off Signal Stingray LED Grill / Deck Lights

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
We are very excited to be the first to offer the newest addition to the Sound Off line. The Stingray is an all self contained LED grill / deck light in an all aluminum housing with all stainless mounting hardware. Sound Off will be making some changes to these lights down the road prior to their full release so we were able to buy up what they had in stock and are able to offer it to you are an unbelievably low price. Our stock is very limited and we only have the 3 colors available however down the road their will be more color options, slight visual changes, and more flash patterns but all at a much higher price.

http://www.strobesnmore.com/Sound-Off-Signal-Stingray-LED-Grill-Deck-Lights-Special.html

STINGRAYLG.jpg

STINGRAYALT1LG.jpg

STINGRAYALT2LG.jpg

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
You can't beat that price for a brand name product, even if it's a first release. I'm pretty excited about their "stainless stell" brackets; "stell" must be some fancy new space-age metal lol.

However, what is the difference bet. this and the rock light? Aside from a slightly more rounded exterior "stell" housing, it doesn't look like much has changed.

However, I'm still impatiently waiting for SOS to come out with a large linear lighthead to compete with the M-series & quadraflare families! I've heard rumors that they're currently working on it, but they really need to get on that and expand their market with an NFPA line (not only do I want to see their products on apparatus, but it also can be beneficial financially...a basic example is comparing an average LE patrol car or EMS fly car vs. an average engine; a single engine easily has 2-4x the amt. of lighting that a CVPI or PI will typically have)

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
What would be the point though? What would attract buyers to get a Soundoff m9 instead of a Whelen m9?

Soundoff products have "premium" prices, similar to Whelen and Federal Signal, so they will probably not be able to compete there.

I predict they might go the route of Code3, and start offering Chinese/Taiwanese made products at lower prices.

They could try a multi color m9, but Feniex is going there, and they are a less expensive brand.

Plus, with split colors, you couldn't get a pin wheel pattern.

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
At the rate we are replacing Whelen heads on out tanker another brand compatible might be an idea.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
bluestinger90 said:
What would be the point though? What would attract buyers to get a Soundoff m9 instead of a Whelen m9?

Soundoff products have "premium" prices, similar to Whelen and Federal Signal, so they will probably not be able to compete there.

That doesn't matter at all if whelen already has the M series. There are always going to be products that compete in the same family as their competitors' products, but there will almost always be some differences or factors that attract different customers. When the ghost was released, it was revolutionary to have such a compact lighthead with multiple mounting options, and that didn't stop competitors from releasing the virtually identical ions, micropulses, etc.

Whelen, FedSig, Rontan, etc all offer large linear lighthead options, and some customers are loyal to a particular brand, while others hate that same brand. Just because whelen has a solid product doesn't mean that SOS shouldn't look to expand their product line, because they've already shown that they can compete with some of the "big guys" in other areas, and, quite frankly, I believe they have grown to be one of the "big guys" themself. If there wasn't any product competition, prices would be even higher; as the end users, thus, it is beneficial for us to have different manufacturers to choose from.

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
bluestinger90 said:
Does this light have steady burn as a flash pattern?

Is it compatible with led flashers, or does it have a on/off delay?

Did you get a reply to your question? I also sent a PM to them with no reply.

Flashguy

Jan 4, 2011
United States, Florida
Ordered a couple red. I'll do a full review when I get them. Don't need them, but that's a great price. I did notice is has only a 6 month warranty...probably do to the pre-production status.

got_yogurt

May 21, 2010
BC, Canada
I'm curious as to what void they were filing in their product line up with this, it looks like a bulkier version of the ghost? Nonetheless that's a sweet price.

Flashguy

Jan 4, 2011
United States, Florida
got_yogurt said:
I'm curious as to what void they were filing in their product line up with this, it looks like a bulkier version of the ghost? Nonetheless that's a sweet price.

Maybe just a larger footprint, more economy type of light with easy mounting? I'll need someone to send me a Ghost so I can compare them in my review:thumbsup:

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
bluestinger90 said:
Louis said that there is a steady burn pattern. Steady burn is activated by applying constant 12 volts to the flash pattern wire.

Thanks for the info.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
bluestinger90 said:
Louis said that there is a steady burn pattern. Steady burn is activated by applying constant 12 volts to the flash pattern wire.

so then its not technically a steady burn...

you cant steady burn something with a flasher that is pulsing the input. unless you try a ground side flasher...

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
Going forward we will be offering these lights under the Strobes N More brand along with one other dealer. They will come with a 2 year warranty and the pricing will go up. The mount will be black as well. They are a nice light as not to many come with a swivel mount and the light output is really good.

ledguy

May 20, 2010
New York
These lights are made in china. The manufacturer sent us a sample and it wasn't the best of quality. Im surprised soundoff picked these up. Guess they are regretting it now.

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Strobesnmore said:
Going forward we will be offering these lights under the Strobes N More brand along with one other dealer. They will come with a 2 year warranty and the pricing will go up. The mount will be black as well. They are a nice light as not to many come with a swivel mount and the light output is really good.

I'm surprised to see the price going up on a SNM product that was a SoundOff product. Will these take as long to ship as your other products?

ledguy said:
These lights are made in china. The manufacturer sent us a sample and it wasn't the best of quality. Im surprised soundoff picked these up. Guess they are regretting it now.

You passed this product over, and SoundOff picked it up? Really? Now Louis has it.

I'm entitled to my opinions, but I think reserve them for now on all accounts.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
MtnMan said:
So, is this an actual SoundOff product or not?

tsquale said:
Well..the StrobesNMore site has no mention of them being SoundOff now...seems awfully fishy.

Sounds to me like SoundOff was not happy with their quality and sold them off to someone who is willing to sell them off to the public.......

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
tsquale said:
Well..the StrobesNMore site has no mention of them being SoundOff now...seems awfully fishy.

Confidence level... falling.

Mine are supposed to arrive tomorrow. Wonder if I should just refuse delivery?

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
MtnMan said:
So, is this an actual SoundOff product or not?

MtnMan said:

If you bought them because they were "Sound Off" and were sold to you as such, I think you would be entitled to a refund. If it is denied a BBB complaint and letter to Sound Off would probably do the trick.

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
I received a pm from SNM confirming they do steady burn.

MEVS06

May 23, 2010
San Antonio, TX
MtnMan said:

tsquale said:
If you bought them because they were "Sound Off" and were sold to you as such, I think you would be entitled to a refund. If it is denied a BBB complaint and letter to Sound Off would probably do the trick.

I think an explanation is warranted at least on here.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
tsquale said:

I saw these in Galls as a Galls brand light, prior to seing this thread a few days ago. I haven't seen Galls sell SoundOff lights under the Galls name unless they weren't actually SoundOff products.

Did I repeat Galls and SoundOff enough?

Flashguy

Jan 4, 2011
United States, Florida
On item description page:

"Fully synchronizable with other Stingray lights"

On install guide:

Light Sync Technology : NO

WTF.........I hate when I get buyers remorse before I even get the product. I also don't like hearing other sellers have turned down selling this product and now Soundoff name is removed on the website. Guess I shoulda gone with my gut and bought Tom's new pulse lights. :duh:

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
Hey guys you are way over thinking this so let me clear the air so to speak. These are a Sound Off product and offered by Sound Off however, Sound Off is only going to sell them as a private label item because of a deal with Galls. So you wont find them in a Sound Off catalog but you will see them in Galls and we were pretty happy with the lights so we decided to jump on board. Ledguy always has something to say and his "F" BBB reputation speaks for itself so don't listen to his nonsense. I know they are made overseas as are many Sound Off products just like Code 3, some of our products etc.... but we would not offer them if we thought they were not a decent light for the price.

As for the steady burn all you do is tie the white and red wire together and run that to your flasher. That came from Sound Off and we tested it and it worked fine for us.

tcfd126

Jul 7, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I just read the PDF install sheet sent to my by SNM. These lights have no sync but like every other SOS LEDs they can be put into slave mode by putting the power and pattern wire together and flashing them externally. I would think the full release would be capable of syncing. Mine arrive today but won't be off work til Saturday. I will let you know then.

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
After being told they have sync and pulling a set off the shelf and testing them today (we only had a single to test initially) the lights do not offer sync feature which I apologize for and take full responsibility for. We had asked Sound Off very specific questions about the lights and were told that they would sync which is based our information on.

If anyone has purchased the lights and wishes a full return then do not open them when they arrive and we will issue a UPS call tag and refund you in full.

We have also decided not to carry these lights as Sync is a very important feature. Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions. Louis@strobesnmore.com

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.