SoundOff Configurator Software

Flyin5-0

I'm looking for a brief tutorial on the use of the SoundOff Configurator Software.

Does it just "plug and play" with a micro USB to the breakout box or is there more to it?

SEPD_52

Registered Member
I just learned about this late last night. Yes, basically it is a "plug and play".

Connect the SoS Breakout box to a computer by either RJ45/LAN or Micro USB to USB. Let the computer install the Breakout box driver and then go to SoS and download and open the Configurator Software. It will recognize the Breakout box when the program opens and it will open to the type of lightbar you have connected. You'll have to tell the software what lighthead is single/dual/triple colored and what else the lighthead is responsible for (takedown, scene light, dimming, cruise mode, etc.). After identifying each light, it's location and responsibility you can go to the 'flash patterns' tab and set each lighthead's pattern individually or as a whole all at once. There's so many features to choose from in the software I'd be typing for quite a while. Hopefully that kind of helps.

Doyle257

Site Regular
is this for all SoundOff bars, or just the nForce

SEPD_52

Registered Member
From what I understand it's for all SoundOff bars and directional arrows. The software has a drop down list of other lightbars.

OP
OP
F

Flyin5-0

Thanks, SEPD. This is very helpful.

I’ve got a couple more questions if you’ve got a minute or two. Does plugging in to the breakout box wipe the existing “profile”? I’d like to leave everything as it is except for the scene lighting. I’m hoping to be able to make a change or two without having to program the entire bar.

Secondly, are there options within the configuration software to edit the behavior of the lights when the car is in park versus when the car is in drive? The setup I’m running right now changes the flash pattern when the car goes into park.

All that to say, I’d like to be able to change a thing or two without having to reprogram the entire light bar. Is this possible?

SEPD_52

Registered Member
Sorry for the late reply, I just saw this.

Does plugging in to the breakout box wipe the existing “profile”?
No, at least it shouldn't. As soon as you open the program that asks if you want to save the current configuration or not.

"are there options within the configuration software to edit the behavior of the lights when the car is in park versus when the car is in drive?"
This all depends and how you have the wiring harness connected. The software allows you to specify what each wire on the wire harness does when it's connected to power, in addition to having multiple modes of operation. So really the options are kind of endless.

Even if you do have to reprogram the entire lightbar after looking around the software for a few minutes you'll pick up how to program everything.

Latest Listings

Top Bottom