SoundOff Configurator Software

Nolines

Silver Donor
Apr 5, 2018
Coral Springs, FL
I think pattern drift refers to starting at one pattern and working its way through the others till it comes back to the beginning and starts all over again... But that would be my best guess!

Ckuhl1999

Oct 11, 2018
Van Wert, Ohio
It can be... or you can make a new one. What are you looking to figure out?
So i hook up the pc to the breakout box and try to change things and nothing actually changes. Is this because the upfitting company hardwired everything? There are some things we requested that were not done and we wanted to change them ourselves. Even when i reprogram the siren buttons they dont change what they do

tsquale

Site Minion
Platinum Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Kinney Creek, MN
So i hook up the pc to the breakout box and try to change things and nothing actually changes. Is this because the upfitting company hardwired everything? There are some things we requested that were not done and we wanted to change them ourselves. Even when i reprogram the siren buttons they dont change what they do
I will preface this with I have never used the software...

After you reprogram the buttons via the software, are you pushing that information back to the breakout box / bar? When I first started messing with Whelen's software, that was a step that I missed. I would imagine SoundOff's software is similar where you have to write the new programming to the box for it to "save".

JohnMarcson

Site Founder
Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
It is possible to wire "past or around" parts of the system. With WECAD everything goes through the system or is named as an output/input. With Sound Off you can technically make dumb outputs or bypass the system and use it a "just buttons". However usually you need to read the existing programming as a starting point. If you just build it out without reading what's there it won't play nicely. I have a truck in my agency's fleet that has multiple boxes, one (the one that does the lightbar) is named and numbered very accurately, the other (the grill, intersection and rear lights) not so much. I read the system and I get just output numbers and nothing is defined as far as capabilities. When I read the lightbar box it only lets me choose options the bar has. When I read the secondary box it lets me alter properties the devices don't have (such as color). I would say starting with properly reading the devices is the most common failure, and next most common is not synching what you changed. Then third is what I mentioned, the outputs are not defined in the current programming.

1-Confirm you have read the existing programming right.
2-Confirm you have uploaded/synched the changes.
3-Make sure the boxes actually are wired to allow the changes.

Ckuhl1999

Oct 11, 2018
Van Wert, Ohio
It is possible to wire "past or around" parts of the system. With WECAD everything goes through the system or is named as an output/input. With Sound Off you can technically make dumb outputs or bypass the system and use it a "just buttons". However usually you need to read the existing programming as a starting point. If you just build it out without reading what's there it won't play nicely. I have a truck in my agency's fleet that has multiple boxes, one (the one that does the lightbar) is named and numbered very accurately, the other (the grill, intersection and rear lights) not so much. I read the system and I get just output numbers and nothing is defined as far as capabilities. When I read the lightbar box it only lets me choose options the bar has. When I read the secondary box it lets me alter properties the devices don't have (such as color). I would say starting with properly reading the devices is the most common failure, and next most common is not synching what you changed. Then third is what I mentioned, the outputs are not defined in the current programming.

1-Confirm you have read the existing programming right.
2-Confirm you have uploaded/synched the changes.
3-Make sure the boxes actually are wired to allow the changes.
How do i know if it is wired to where i can change it our #8 button on our 400 series siren isnt used i wanted to assign a cruise function to this does it have to be hard wired. We also wanted to switch our light paterns for slide switch #2 can this be done through the breakout box these cars were built for our agency but our builder doesnt listen to our request

JohnMarcson

Site Founder
Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
How do i know if it is wired to where i can change it our #8 button on our 400 series siren isnt used i wanted to assign a cruise function to this does it have to be hard wired. We also wanted to switch our light paterns for slide switch #2 can this be done through the breakout box these cars were built for our agency but our builder doesnt listen to our request
If you can connect via cable to the device and open up the sound off software You should be able to read what's there and then theoretically assign something different

Ckuhl1999

Oct 11, 2018
Van Wert, Ohio
If you can connect via cable to the device and open up the sound off software You should be able to read what's there and then theoretically assign something different
Would i have to rewire stuff. I do not have a blueprint only the nergy 400 series does that change anything should i still be able to change the light bar with the breakout box?

JohnMarcson

Site Founder
Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

JohnMarcson

Site Founder
Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Okay what about flash patterns i attempt to change them with no luck
I guess it depends on how they set them up. If they did that via scrolling through the patterns with the pattern wire and then synching them, that's how you have to do it. I don't know of anything in a non-blueprint Sound Off setup where flash patterns are controlled via the controller. I would guess all the flash patterns are set in the individual devices.

Ckuhl1999

Oct 11, 2018
Van Wert, Ohio
I guess it depends on how they set them up. If they did that via scrolling through the patterns with the pattern wire and then synching them, that's how you have to do it. I don't know of anything in a non-blueprint Sound Off setup where flash patterns are controlled via the controller. I would guess all the flash patterns are set in the individual devices.
Okay thanks its super weird i can change what my arrow functions do but not my flash paterns on the program

JohnMarcson

Site Founder
Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Okay thanks its super weird i can change what my arrow functions do but not my flash paterns on the program
That makes sense because the arrow function is built into the controller. The pattern of the other lights can be set and synched without any specific controller.

Search for a Member

About us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! We strive to keep our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All actions and transactions within are secured by Sectigo SSL with high-strength encryption.