SoundOff Intersector Mirror Light

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ

RolnCode3

May 21, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Too bad FedSig didn't come up with that with their Solaris stuff. Definitely have to give SOS a big thumbs-up on this. Looks like a great idea and great for the intended application.

C2Installs

May 24, 2010
Tennessee
As I have asserted for some time now, SOS is the one to watch. Their innovation and quality is second to none, IMO. Bright output, solid design, quality construction. I am most impressed with the versatility of their products, and the unique mounting solutions they offer.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
I really like that. Can't wait to see it in person

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I was thinking about making some custom fiberglass nirror beam type housings for my Av... But this looks to be a nicer alternative... I'll have to keep my eye out for these...

mjMIff

Jun 2, 2010
Mid-Michigan
Subscribed to this thread fo sur!!!!!!!!

It wasn't clear if the bracket screws under or inside the mirror assembly? I have small mirrors... :)

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
One thing I do not like- the size of the darn "quick connect" plug between the light and the flasher.

Personally, I would of much rather seen the lighthead with at least 6 feet of wire, unterminated, and have the pins/connector supplied loose. (ease of feeding the wire through the mirror housing, door panel, and through the grommet into the cab)

I'm not about to shove the flasher module into the mirror housing... (on a small mirror)

Only Gripe so far.

code352

May 26, 2010
Ontario, Canada
From the video, it looks like the pins are crimped to the cable, but not inserted into the connector housing, according to the diagram in the manual anyway.

witt455

May 22, 2010
Central Missouri
I would agree with most, appears to be a great concept. Actual mounting details will be interesting to find out. And I would also agree the quick connect plug looked huge. Maybe that will get modified before release.

Alovebaby41

May 23, 2010
Texas
I really wish that whelen would do something this cool. I think that if whelen can do something like this and just refine it just a little bit more and sell it for a decet price they could have something really good on their hands.

dfuzz78

May 22, 2010
USA, Western Washington
Alovebaby41 said:
I really wish that whelen would do something this cool. I think that if whelen can do something like this and just refine it just a little bit more and sell it for a decet price they could have something really good on their hands.

Geez... Stop drinking the Whelen Kool-Aid. Give SoundOff the credit they deserve if you like the product. Don't sit there and wish Whelen came up with the idea... :roll:

cbpdogboy

May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
Alovebaby41 said:

A product is "great" just because it has "Whelen" on it? This product has not even been released yet. How do you know that it needs to be refined? You don't even know what the pricing is on it yet...oh yeah...how about another glass!

A little humor here..don't stop drinking the koolaid or else!

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
I cant wait for these babies! I mean look at it, this is what people have been wanting. It gives you full front and side all in one.

Im checking more into these with my Sound Off guy right now and when I find out a little more hepefully in the next hour I will pass it along. I will be waiting on my pair! :lol:

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
fireman616wfd said:
... I will be waiting on my pair! :lol:

Hey, how about a trade? I'll trade you One blue Sound off universal HAW (nib, but the box thinks its a clear led) for a pair of these new lights in clear? :p :p :lol:

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
witt455 said:
I would agree with most, appears to be a great concept. Actual mounting details will be interesting to find out. And I would also agree the quick connect plug looked huge. Maybe that will get modified before release.

Agreed. Why not just go with a standard Amp/Mate 4 place strobe plug instead of yet anohter oddball plug you can't find anywhere down the road when you have to cut the wire for the next biggest and best... :lol:

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
WNYEVS said:
Any more word on these bad boys?

I want some!
+1

As soon as I see them listed up for sale, I plan on grabbing up a pair of Blues!!!

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
unlisted said:
Ouch.. 133 for one?

when ya think about it thats not that bad... take a set of whelen linear mirror beams and the price on them and their size and the limited view you get and it has only 6 LED heads

now this light has 9 LED heads in it (fusion heads) smaller light, not as visible and bulky looking, and covers a much larger area with all the same intensity.

N7UBO

May 27, 2010
Boise Idaho area
Can the Intersector be sync'd with Ghosts ? I'm thinking the answer to that is to the affirmative, since they're both SOS products, but figured I'd better ask.

May 22, 2010
Central WV
J. Forbes said:
They are now available. SoundOff is quoting a 10 day lead time. For now only single color, 9 led models. We have stock on the way. I have the install sheet for those interested on the page below:

http://lonestarpse.com/soundoff-interse ... light.html

Any idea on the time frame for the 6 led models and what those will run? I'm guessing a fair guess is probably about what the Sound Off Ghosts run...so $85-90ish?

These things look pretty awesome! Where were they two months ago when I ordered a bunch of stuff, ugh. Oh well, at any rate these might just be the answer I was looking for all along for my side warning.

fireman616wfd

May 24, 2010
Oxford, MS
aberfitchguy2472 said:
Any idea on the time frame for the 6 led models and what those will run? I'm guessing a fair guess is probably about what the Sound Off Ghosts run...so $85-90ish?

These things look pretty awesome! Where were they two months ago when I ordered a bunch of stuff, ugh. Oh well, at any rate these might just be the answer I was looking for all along for my side warning.

yea im guessing around the $90 to $100 mark for the 6 head but im not sure yet on my prices... i will let ya know ;)

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
I am kind of surprised they didn't come out with both the 6 and 9 LED versions at the same tme, or,even the 6 LED version first.

Guess due to budgetary constraints, I will be waiting for the 6 LED version...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.