Sound Off SoundOff mPower lightbar help needed - SOLVED

tsquale

Site Minion
Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
www.youtube.com
I came to own a SoundOff mPower fullsize lightbar. It should be red/blue all around with front flood and rear amber arrow. It did not come with the breakout box. I bought a new PUVBBJ00 and can't get it to do anything other than cruise all the way around. All of the internal fuses are good. Does the PUVBBJ00 require programming? If so, who can point me in the direction to obtain the software and a PC cable for that?

Thank you for any help you can offer. This is my first time working with SoundOff stuff.

Solution
SoundOff tech support for the win. The PUVBBJ00 is the "universal BOB" and requires use of their SoundOff Central Lightbar program. Downloaded that and all works as it should. That program is much more user friendly as well. Stay tuned for another video of this bar at a later date showing it off more!
So an update. I was able to find the software on SoundOff's site and had a cable that worked to hook the BOB to the PC. I was not able to get the PUVBBJ00 to connect to the software despite it powering on with the USB connectiong.

On the plus side, I was able to get it running with a PMPAKJ00 and get most of the functionality out of it. So... what gives with the PUVBBJ00? I tried two different ones with no success.

Upvote 0
SoundOff tech support for the win. The PUVBBJ00 is the "universal BOB" and requires use of their SoundOff Central Lightbar program. Downloaded that and all works as it should. That program is much more user friendly as well. Stay tuned for another video of this bar at a later date showing it off more!

Upvote 1
Solution

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaybear65