South Florida installers

Light It Up

Jun 19, 2011
bk ny
Do we have any installers located in South Florida area in this group?

From Homestead to Tampa to Orlando region

Thanks so much!

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Actually I had typed a reply already, but deleted it because I won’t hold back my honest opinions.

Honestly most in south Florida are complete shit. I travel to south Florida to do telematics roll outs and have contracted with most of these “installers” to do GPS and camera work.
I’ve got nightmare stories I could tell. I’m talking about really really bad stuff. Like camera cables wrapped around drive shaft stuff with pictures on my work laptop because my work didn’t believe some of these backs they have been using for years were doing stuff I was seeing.

there is one guy Luis lugo who does it on the side that is a good guy. lugolouis86@yahoo.com (305) 890-4737.

I’ve done a lot of GPS/camera work with Carlton Minors (954) 448-2425 over the years. That work is 100% solid and i love his soldering skills. I’ve tried to bring him on as an employee for a while. I’ve not seen him do emergency equipment but I know he’s done some. (954) 448-2425.

The only company id recommend down there is Lightning Wireless Solutions in fort Meyers. If you are ok with Sarasota. Look up flash equipment and talk to Lloyd. I think he’s only selling imported stuff now because the big asshole hacks like Dana and public safety supply have squeezed him out of major manufacturers, but he’s a legit good guy and his company has been around for a while. They’ve done capable installs.

I’d avoid any other company and person if it was me. FEVER/JCO is really about the best option. There is a reason FEVER was finally sold to JCO…. It was the only company and people that could be trusted with FEVERs clients in central Florida. Good guys that do business the right way. I know they are really backed up right now though. They’ve had a tech hit on a bicycle and a rash of some absolutely horrible Covid stuff strike their staff. Some of them really do need thoughts and well wishes right now.

lights n more in Orlando does ok installs and work. In complete transparency the only reason I don’t suggest them is because I think the owner whines and bitches too much to star to squeeze out competition like Dana and public safety supply does with their manufacturers. It’s not a quality of work issue at lights n more just a behind the scenes “hate their bullshit” type stuff as to why I don’t suggest them.

as far as anyone else? Stay the f away in my opinion. Obviously everything mentioned above is just the opinions of a Weiner. So take them wish a dash I’d ketchup. I just shared those opinions because I was asked. Lol.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.