Southern Ontario Meet & Greet

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
SO Brite Lighting said:
Anyone interested in a Southern Ontario "meet"?

If so lets see if we can come up with a place and date.

Id be interested, depending on how far south. I dont have the most fuel efficient truck!

Cdnsgt

Jun 1, 2010
Ont, Canada
Have often thought of starting something up in Southern Ontario. I live near a nice hall and can get it and its parking lot cheap. If there was enough interest, we could start with a swap meet and tail-gate vendors. Location is near Guelph, just off the 401, about 40 mins west of Toronto. Could aim for early next summer, maybe June??

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
Unfortunately, I moved away from Ontario...otherwise I'd be in.

Cdnsgt

Jun 1, 2010
Ont, Canada
So Bright Lighting is in and so am I....next summer in Guelph Ontario...flea market....I wll pick a date in July....Aberfoyle Community Center, just off the 401

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US
I could use a trip North got to get enhanced licence first but interested.

Todd:D:yes: :thumbsup:

Cdnsgt

Jun 1, 2010
Ont, Canada
I will be checking for available dates at the venue I have in mind this week and post them when I get 'em. It will be in Aberfoyle Ontario, just off the 401, hopefully in an outdoor hockey arena that is covered and used for flea markets.

Cdnsgt

Jun 1, 2010
Ont, Canada
Does Sunday May 6th from 7 to 10 am work for everyone?? It coincides with the OAFC in Mississauga and is only about 35 mins away. I can book the arena this week; it is $75 an hour and I will be looking to recoup costs by charging for table set-ups...it will be a sheltered tail-gating event...we could also get together on the Saturday night in Guelph for beer and wings , and there are several nice hotels nearby if anyone is interested...sort of like an Ontario,Jackson,Michigan event...please respond ASAP...

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
I won't be up that early. I would also suggest you not pay anything out of pocket, as it will be very hard to recoup any costs. (if people don't show)

I'm up for meeting, not spending $$ simply to meet.

twisted_metal

Jan 22, 2011
Toronto ON, Canada
unlisted said:
I won't be up that early. I would also suggest you not pay anything out of pocket, as it will be very hard to recoup any costs. (if people don't show)

I'm up for meeting, not spending $$ simply to meet.
Agree'd. Just find a Tim Hortons or mall parking lot.

rlarose

Mar 30, 2011
Toronto/ Canada
toon80 said:
Wow: blinkies and coffee. I'd be in but I'm a bit too far. Have a good time! :thumbsup:

Hello, I would love to meet, is it possible for me to come, I am in Toronto. Please let me know

Cdnsgt

Jun 1, 2010
Ont, Canada
Ok, not booking any venue then....was hoping to have a bit of tail-gate/flea market as I have a bunch of bars and mini bars to sell and was hoping anyone else in the area could bring their stuff to sell as well...I guess we can still find a parking lot somewhere if anyone wants to sell...

rlarose

Mar 30, 2011
Toronto/ Canada
Cdnsgt said:
Ok, not booking any venue then....was hoping to have a bit of tail-gate/flea market as I have a bunch of bars and mini bars to sell and was hoping anyone else in the area could bring their stuff to sell as well...I guess we can still find a parking lot somewhere if anyone wants to sell...

That will be great some of the products I have are red/blue :(

I realize I started this thread but I have a conflict!

I booked time to ride with an engine company in Detroit that weekend (booked a couple of months ago) but have not got a confirmation yet.

I also just found out that our new truck will not be ready in time for the show so i won't be going this year.

What to do?

rlarose

Mar 30, 2011
Toronto/ Canada
That will be sad to cancel it it will be nice to meet new people. If you are still planning do it I am in just give me the date I will do my best to be there

NERT11

Jul 3, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I'd be in for it. If anyone is interested in traveling to the Niagara Falls area, I have access to a community center at low cost if not free. That also puts it very close to the border for any southern neighbors, and it''s out of town a little ways.

Last edited by a moderator:

NERT11

Jul 3, 2012
Ontario, Canada
SO Brite Lighting said:
Anyone interested in a Southern Ontario "meet"?

If so lets see if we can come up with a place and date.

Not sure if this is just bring passed over, but is there still any interest in this? If desired, I have access to a location in the southern Niagara Falls area that has a large parking lot, is out of town a ways, has a kitchen, washrooms, and a conference room, tables, chairs and the works. If there was enough interest, a local youth organization would likely run a BBQ for the day as a fundraiser. In the past, amateur and CB radio enthusiasts have held annual meet and greet camp out weekends and they have been a success.

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
I think you guys should wait until late summer, early fall. I'm hopefully moving back to Ontario this summer.

cbpdogboy

May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
toon80 said:
Wow: blinkies and coffee. I'd be in but I'm a bit too far. Have a good time! :thumbsup:

I was going to mention the Tim Hortons idea...all Canadians love their Tim Hortons and they are on every other corner! lol ;)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.