Southern VP Pancake Light Cover

JohnN_NYC

Mar 8, 2021
New York
Hello all, I recently purchased a Southern VP Pancake light with a blue dome, works great, but I have no way to use it as a dash light without being blinded since it has no cover/eye shield. It’s not a problem when I put it on the roof, but I’d like to use it inside the vehicle certain times. Has anyone found a cover suitable for the light? Or does anyone have an inexpensive half cover for it?

Last edited:

radiostrobe

Feb 18, 2013
north carolina
Hello all, I recently purchased a Southern VP Pancake light with a blue dome, works great, but I have no way to use it as a dash light without being blinded since it has no cover/eye shield. It’s not a problem when I put it on the roof, but I’d like to use it inside the vehicle certain times. Has anyone found a cover suitable for the light? Or does anyone have an inexpensive half cover for it?
Star still sells the domes and vinyl shield for the SVP pancake light. Star1889 dot com I believe is the website. Contact customer service to buy obscure parts like that.

Reactions: StEaLtH2

JohnN_NYC

Mar 8, 2021
New York
Star still sells the domes and vinyl shield for the SVP pancake light. Star1889 dot com I believe is the website. Contact customer service to buy obscure parts like that.
I called the other day, and they claimed since the product is no longer available they don’t have any parts and they haven’t had for a while.
Edit: sent an email and got a response! Thank you!

Last edited:

radiostrobe

Feb 18, 2013
north carolina
I called the other day, and they claimed since the product is no longer available they don’t have any parts and they haven’t had for a while.
Edit: sent an email and got a response! Thank you!
Great! I was going to give you the name of someone there to help if you didn’t get anywhere yourself.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.