Which ones??

• WHelen M6 B/W

• Feniex 6x4 Widelux B/w

• Feniex Cobra T6 4 pack Blue

Results are only viewable after voting.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
If you're gonna have a beacon... gotta be halogen, CIE blue, fast motor, ideally from a European brand like Hella or VAMA or whoever makes those French teardrops.

Reactions: firebuff17

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
It's only up there semi-perminantly. I will say though, the 3 magnet idea is holding well. Snow, rain, ice, wind, speeds in excess of 90mph and rock solid.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
While doing a 360 I discovered my SNM 4200 was only half working... Bench tested and nothing, quick e-chat and phone call to the SNM folks and its going back (still under warranty). Details to come, once that's said and done.

More on this. Since the 4200 is no longer produced my replacement offerings from SNM were either an E64 warn/flood or an eflood trudual 5400 2.0. I opted for the trudual, same rough profile as the 4200. I shipped in the 4200 Jan 10 (from IL) had the new light by Jan 23.

20190124_120635.jpg

Had to mount it out front further. The hair taller and wider profile wont allow for brackets so it's not tucked in safely behind the bumper. Sticks out just shy of an inch. Video to follow soon.
20190124_123445.jpg

FiremanSketch

Dec 17, 2014
Lake Arrowhead
More on this. Since the 4200 is no longer produced my replacement offerings from SNM were either an E64 warn/flood or an eflood trudual 5400 2.0. I opted for the trudual, same rough profile as the 4200. I shipped in the 4200 Jan 10 (from IL) had the new light by Jan 23.

View attachment 216531

Had to mount it out front further. The hair taller and wider profile wont allow for brackets so it's not tucked in safely behind the bumper. Sticks out just shy of an inch. Video to follow soon.
View attachment 216532
Cost you anything?

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Ive ordered multiple things from them over the years and fortunately have never had to return or warranty anything. This is my first time working with them in that regard. Painless, easy transaction in this case.

Reactions: FiremanSketch

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Small update. Tossed a roof bar on for use on the race track. Some new updates coming soon.
20190817_161017.jpg

Reactions: NVFD612 and Tony P

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Code 3 420?

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Yup. Oldie but goodie. Works better in daylight than the AM600.

Reactions: Jarred J.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
They're super handy. 4 magnets and long cable. Toss and go. I used to keep it in GFs Forester, but with the sun roof and rack there's no roof real estate like her Fusion had. I need to do a build thread on her forester now that I think about it.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
So I've kinda gone off the rails as far as keeping it interior to "save MPG". Getting promotion so I will be doing a roof bar now. I'll probably move the mirror light down to dash, change up the grille and add some stuff around tailgate/light area. Details to come after new year.

Reactions: Jarred J.

John Smith

Oct 19, 2010
CO, US
I'd consider an interior bar instead. Cheaper, lighter, zero wind noise, not hampered by inclement weather, no MPG hit, and still incredibly effective.

I used to be all about a full bar, but after being convinced to try the ILB on our newest cars, I'm a believer, and we won't use anything else.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Yes but now I'll be doing more on scene responses vs running to the barn to get a rig. I now also have to install a mobile radio so getting clutter out of the cab is a plus. I also put bigger/beefier tires on it a few months ago so there goes my mpgs anyway.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Update. Just bought some new toys...not a roof bar. Info in coming months.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
New toys arrived...MUAH -HA -HA. Some of y'all gonna like it, some gonna hate it. And it's not the Aero. 20200103_143826.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: NVFD612

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Oops...I didnt see that in the pic. Its what's in the box not the aero.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Well its official. Promotion is final. Going to add one of the libbys that my dept came into. Now to find the time to install it.

Reactions: Dave F and Tony P

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Thank you. Deputy chief just means I now have more responsibilities but still get my hands dirty.
Off for 4 days next week. Should get bar done then.

Reactions: Doyle257

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Hoping to get one done next week. Having high speed internet installed. Takes forever to upload on satellite net.

Reactions: Dave F

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Remember to have your dish reisolated to the satellite for your best upload and download speeds, your supposed to do it yearly.

Former Hughes net satellite tech.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Have never been told that. Ill be done with them by April 20. And I'm not sure switching to comcast is going to be any better. I mean speed, yes but customer service is well known to be galactically abhorrent. At least Hughesnet had that going for them.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
If you live in a winter area wash and clean the dish and spray it with oh oh I've forgotten... It'll come to me... It keeps the snow and ice from sticking to your dish and making you lose connection and isolation....

• Haha
Reactions: Sparky_911

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Pam.. Pam cooking spray, it usually will last the winter depending on how your winter is, just wash it down if something is sticking to it, reapply the next winter.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Remember to have your dish reisolated to the satellite for your best upload and download speeds, your supposed to do it yearly.

Former Hughes net satellite tech.
You mean reoriented? I'm pretty sure we don't want to keep isolating there is enough of that now....

Reactions: Sparky_911

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
No it just needs to have an isolation check, when they lose good isolation to the satellite they're speeds up and down drop giving them lousy connection, same for tv dishes. I had a tech in Alaska that would invert the dish and point it at the satellite at the ground as they had no line of site he worked off bounce.

• Wow
Reactions: FiremanSketch

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Highly unlikely you'll see red. The EVOC course is pretty pricey and would be out of pocket. Cant justify the cost.

I will be adding an electronic air horn (200w) that I just havent had time to install.

Reactions: NVFD612

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.