Speed Turtle

anthonyl79

Dec 2, 2020
Colorado
I hope this is in the right spot, if not please move....................

I have a 2016 Silverado that we installed a 2.0 module on. Thing worked great. So we needed a beacon on top of the truck so we decided to use the 2.0 pushbutton to activate the beacon. Pulled the switch apart found that there is 3 wires, black ground, red power and yellow signal wire. Tapped the yellow wire to activate the positive side of a standard relay. Direct power to the beacon from the battery and breaking ground with the relay. Everything worked great, so decided to use the obd2 extension cable to relocate the 2.0 module, now there is no power to the push button switch, module lights illuminate but does not activate the truck lights. Unplugged the extension cable and still the same.

Has anyone else done this and had this issue? If so what was the fix? Does anyone have the pinout for the voltage harness by chance?

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I cannot answer your question, but I would guess by your explanation that a chip or something in the module overloaded and/or fried.

FWIW I would contact the place you bought it from or speed turtle directly. Those modules are generally frowned upon by a lot of installers (myself included) due to modules sometimes frying body control modules. It will certainly void any warranty you may have left on a 2016 Silverado.

anthonyl79

Dec 2, 2020
Colorado
My guess is that something internal has been damaged as well. I did contact Speedturtle direct and no response yet.

Is there an inexpensive way to add front and rear flashing lights. Small surveying firm with just a couple of trucks. We have to have lights that flash and all that jazz.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idk

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.