Speedtech Upfit to Feniex?

okc_f150

Oct 3, 2013
Oklahoma City
I got my order of T6's from FEVER yesterday and had a crazy thought! What if I took out all the modules from my STL Raptor

281829163167.jpg

and replace them with the T6's? There's nothing wrong with the housing from STL, and as far as I can see the T6's will fit.

I've been wanting a mini bar that I could control each side (front, back, side) and this way would be much cheaper than buying the bar from Feniex.

Good idea? Bad idea?

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Custom is always good, and that STL bar is probably just an overpriced paperweight waiting to happen. I say go for it! :thumbsup:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I say go for it!...there will be 6 fewer pieces inside the bar that can light your car up on fire ;-)

Personally, however, I would've just started out with the SNM minibar to begin with; it's $50 more than the raptor & would be ready to go out of the box (rather than have to replace the guts of a "Shitty Trashy Lights" Raptor). I'd also look at the idea of swapping out magnets; if they're of the same "high" quality as the rest of their parts, I would not trust them

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
We have sold numerous T-6's that are used strictly for this purpose. I can also get you the TIR6 "Dummy" heads if you wish to hook them to different flasher instead of just synching the individual heads.

I'm assuming he bought this raptor a while ago and is just looking to patch it up in the mean time.

okc_f150

Oct 3, 2013
Oklahoma City
FEVER said:
We have sold numerous T-6's that are used strictly for this purpose. I can also get you the TIR6 "Dummy" heads if you wish to hook them to different flasher instead of just synching the individual heads.

I'm assuming he bought this raptor a while ago and is just looking to patch it up in the mean time.

I thought about that, but I already have these on hand.

I have two STL Raptors, what I use them for they are fine, but I want to upgrade!

As for the magnets, they hold up fine.

Does anyone have a suggestion for how to run the wires? The Raptor has a hole on the bottom where the existing wire comes out. I will be adding a few wires so I can't just use theirs.

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
ctmcdonell said:

I have two STL Raptors, what I use them for they are fine, but I want to upgrade!

Does anyone have a suggestion for how to run the wires? The Raptor has a hole on the bottom where the existing wire comes out. I will be adding a few wires so I can't just use theirs.

Drill out the existing hole to make it big enough to fit the new wires?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
ctmcdonell said:

If anything just get a cable with more wires and run i through the same hole (or widen the hole if need be)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.