SpeedTurtleEngineering easy flash

hfdemt4095

Jul 1, 2014
Holliston ma
My girlfriends dad was looking for more warming power other than his 911 ls12 mounted above his rear view, so after hunting around I ended up on www.speedturtleengineering.com looking at their "easy flash module" for $99.99

its td basically a "plug n' play" module that plugs into the OBDII port on an 2011-2014 F-150 through f-550 along with the 2011-14 explorer and edge, it flashes all exterior lights including headlights, DRL, fog lights (if equipped) and tail lights. You can get 1 of 2 models for the same price 1 model comes with a switch with a 2.5' lead or you can get a model with 2.5' lead without a switch but all it needs is a +12v input

i placed the order for a module on October 8th and 20 minutes later recieved an email stating that the modules were on back order for a couple of weeks- they gave me 3 options to choose, 1: get full refund 2: wait for one to come in or 3: get a cosmetically defective unit for 30% off.

i asked for a picture of the defective module as they told me the only thing wrong was that it had a slightly larger than normal gap between the two halves of the module.

they sent me this picture as a response:image.jpg

I decided to go ahead and get it for the discounted price as they assured me it would not effect the function of the module and heck, it going to be plugged in under the dash out of sight. They immediately sent me a $30 refund.

i recieved a tracking number a couple hours and two days later it was in my mailbox.

first impressions were good the quality was a 8/10 couldn't really nock any point off as the plastic wasn't any better than the controller for my hhs2200 and on arrival upon inspection the "slightly larger than normal gap" was what I would expect on a normal unitimage.jpg

fits as it should on a 2013 f-150 OBDII portimage.jpg

Upon use it seems very effective I'd give it a 7/10 only because even when your headlights are off the module turns them on and flashes the high beams so it almost washes out- I didn't get a good video of the tail lights but it's a double flash wig-wag to single flash wig-wag

over all for $70 you can't beat it my over all rating for this is an 8/10 and would recoment this to someone without hesitation 

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.