Spit-Polish of my 2013 Tahoe PPV POV

Mar 25, 2014
TX
Hello everyone,

I just finished a 10 hour polish on my POV, and wanted to show it off! I'll get some videos with the flashies flashing over the weekend and add it.

Right now, it features lights in the:
  • Windshield Headliner (Feniex Pegasus Light Bar)
  • Dashboard (Whelen Talon)
  • Upper Grille (Soundoff nForce)
  • Lower Grille (Whelen Dominator D6)
  • Headlights (Wig/Wag, Feniex HAW)
  • Side Mirror (SoundOff Intersector)
  • Running Boards (Whelen Ion x2, each side)
  • Side Windows (SoundOff XP63)
  • Rear Window (Federal Signal Solaris)
  • Tail lights (Wig/Wag)
All controlled through a Smart Siren SS200SM. It also has a Unity LED spotlight, but I don't use it very much.

Radio is a Motorola XTL2500. Antenna is mounted in the D-Pillar, so no holes in the roof.
I also use a Uniden Home Patrol to listen to neighboring departments (we do a lot of mutual aid).

Center Console is from Plastix Plus:
http://pptexas.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11&Itemid=155

ai.imgur.com_H9UAVc8.jpg

ai.imgur.com_3i1MBwz.jpg

ai.imgur.com_lF89Vte.jpg

ai.imgur.com_tOPGtSr.jpg

VIDEO:

(This is just a quick sample, I'll get a higher quality video next week)

Last edited:

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
Looks very nice. The front seems in writing to have a lot of light! What is this used for?

Mar 25, 2014
TX
Looks very nice. The front seems in writing to have a lot of light! What is this used for?

Fire / Light Rescue POV. We get a ton of calls to structure fires and rescues when unmanned. I carry my fire gear, extrication gear/tools, and medical gear in the back to get a scene set up while the heavy apparatus rolls. We also have a few E/O's that will roll an engine with a light crew if we can get the rest of the crew to POV.

I got it from a Chief in a neighboring VFD who was also a Constable. I wish it was a different color, but it was almost brand new and had everything I need already set up. I just changed some of the lighting to fit my needs.

There is a lot in the front because I live in a VERY high traffic area, and we have a LOT of issues with people not yielding to emergency vehicles. As such, we have very strict visibility SOGs and they're pretty intense. I want to make sure I'm seen coming up from behind and at intersections. I think I've done a decent job of keeping the lighting organized so it's not a purple blob - the video will be the determiner.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
This looks like a FANTASTIC setup!!! It's hard to find one where it's almost identical to how I would've set it up if this was mine. The only thing I'd do differently is maybe have the D6 in the upper grill and lose the nforce there. Maybe I'd go with a different brand ILB or lightstick, but those that both very quality products that you already have.
Now, to wait for the flash pattern vid....

Mar 25, 2014
TX
This looks like a FANTASTIC setup!!! It's hard to find one where it's almost identical to how I would've set it up if this was mine. The only thing I'd do differently is maybe have the D6 in the upper grill and lose the nforce there. Maybe I'd go with a different brand ILB or lightstick, but those that both very quality products that you already have.
Now, to wait for the flash pattern vid....

Thank you! I tried the D6 in the upper grille and it just didn't suit my fancy. I actually quote like the n-force up top and the D6 down below. I'm working on syncing them up.

I like the rear lightbar well enough, but if it didn't come with that one I would have chosen something else. It's good quality, but limited on flash patterns.

The weather has been horrible here lately, I'll grab a video when it clears up!

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
I give your ride two thumbs up, looks spectacular after your detailing!
what color would you prefer if you had the choice?...

Mar 25, 2014
TX

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
That red one is very sharp.... If I was you, I would find some factory alloys to take the 'poleeece' look off quite a bit.... Love it as is tho

Mar 25, 2014
TX
That red one is very sharp.... If I was you, I would find some factory alloys to take the 'poleeece' look off quite a bit.... Love it as is tho

I thought about doing that, but I'd still have the spotlight and that would be kinda goofy. Plus, the PPV is lowered from the factory...but it still looks decent with factory wheels. The larger alloys might make it look like I purposefully dropped it.

That, and I just invested basically half a paycheck in tires that fit the funky size steelies. Godayum those are expensive.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
Nice looking Tahoe. A bit much in the grille area for me. Would look great if you would have went with solid light heads vs split. Overall good coverage.

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
I like it. Looks nice.
In my opinion in the parked mode, I would make the outer heads of the ILB be steady and not the ones directly next to the takedowns. The TD kinda drown out the steady R/B.
Looks amazing though. Nice work.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.