SS2000 Radio Rebroadcast

bobbyaa

May 22, 2010
DFW, TX
Does anyone know of a way to turn down the gain on the radio rebroadcast for the SS2000? If I turn the radio up loud enough to be able to hear it in the car, I blow myself off the road when I set the radio rebroadcast on.

Any ideas?

STT Installer

May 28, 2010
Idaho
No reference to an audio adjustment in any of the SS2000 or SS2000SM manuals...

Wire one of these in line - drill a hole for it in your console on the side - set and forget.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... Id=2062359

This would go inline between your speaker output and the SS2000 - set the audio level on the radio as normal then switch to RRB on the SS2000. Turn down the volume control pot you just mounted to an acceptable level for outside of the vehicle. Each time you select RRB from then on, you will have the same amount of padding or reduction of volume between the radio speaker and siren speaker.

Hoot

May 21, 2010
New Jersey
cory y said:
there is a small rheaostat in the brain. you have to open the case to see it

that's correct. you have to take the cover off the case. there are two pots in there. one for the PA volume and one for the RRB volume. they are right next to each other and face to the side of the chassis. (if the wiring is on the back, I believe they face the left side).

Reactions: TimO911

STT Installer

May 28, 2010
Idaho
Hoot said:
that's correct. you have to take the cover off the case. there are two pots in there. one for the PA volume and one for the RRB volume. they are right next to each other and face to the side of the chassis. (if the wiring is on the back, I believe they face the left side).

Any reason why I didn't see them when running through the manuals on FedSig's site? Kinda odd LOL.

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
STT Installer" data-source="" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
STT Installer said:
Any reason why I didn't see them when running through the manuals on FedSig's site? Kinda odd LOL.[/quote:3izbhl5o]

Impressive, most impressive. But you are not a Federal Jedi Yet! :twisted:

cory y

May 21, 2010
i know cause i had a SS2000SM and the PA nor the RRB was working so i had to call FS to figure it out...

TimO911

Aug 3, 2018
East Coast
As old as this thread is, I'm going to bump it just because it saved me a TON of trouble. Had an SS2000SM that the PA didn't work on. After almost a week of trying different solutions, I found this thread, and FINALLY got the PA working! Thanks to cory y and Hoot for posting up about this!

Reactions: FiremanSketch

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.