SS2000SM airhorn foot pedal diagram?

jordanpryce

I want to wire in a foot pedal only (no horn ring is currently wired) to use my simulated air horn in my POV 2018 Tahoe.

NY law doesn’t allow us to use sirens, air horn only. So..

Can someone provide a simple schematic for this? I’m not sure how it relates to the horn ring wires in the harness.

I’d like to be able to use the air horn whether lights are on or off.

MtnMan

Connect the horn ring wire (white / yellow, pin 7) to one terminal of the foot switch. Connect the other foot switch terminal to ground.

Go into Configuration Mode and proceed as follows:

Level 2 (Key 11 & Pursuit): set Key 11 to "Horn Ring Transfer."

Level 3: set Key 11 to turn on at power up.

Level 4: set "No Siren Active Tone" to "Air Horn."

OP
OP
J

jordanpryce

Thanks. The only thing that didn’t let me do was operate the air horn when the slide switch is in the off position. Thoughts?

OP
OP
J

jordanpryce

Unfortunately that feature does not seem to exist for the air horn. It’s excluded. You can only do that with the wail and yelp.

CHIEFOPS

My air horn is available with the slide switch off, and I'm 99.9% certain I've previously configured it as the horn ring tone as described by MtnMan. Check your levels, you probably missed something.

Last edited:

MtnMan

Hmmm. I just tried this on one of my SS2000s, starting from default configuration and following the steps above, and it's working as intended for me. You may need to start over from defaults

Or, if you don't mind a brute force solution, you could permanently bypass the horn ring transfer relay with a jumper.

OP
OP
J

jordanpryce

I finally got it to work. For some reason the last time I selected key 11 it took. Now it all works as intended. Thanks all.

CHIEFOPS

Gotta confirm the levels.
You're not the first to encounter this type of hiccup with the smartsiren programming.
Glad you finally got it going.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
37fire
Top Bottom