ss2000sm control pad issue

Time2tow

Apr 6, 2020
Minnesota
so when i turn my truck on my ss2000sm my control head keeps flashing turning on and off and cant activate anything i can hear the brain click could this be a power or ground issue ????

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Yes. SS2000’s are notorious for grounding issues. Start there. Good luck.
Seth
I would agree, SS of all models are always very picky about their ground. I ended up wiring one straight to the battery of truck to get it to work. Start with a ground test and then bench test it or test it straight to a battery.

Reactions: C17LVFD

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Is this an “all of a sudden this started happening” or is this a new install and it’s not working from the get go?
Seth

TDC

Lifetime VIP Donor
Dec 4, 2012
Carswell AFB, TX
Are you using a correctly formatted data cable - a reversed RJ11 cable?
Try that "telephone" cable from the control head to the box. It is the cheapest replaceable part and easy to field test (I got a three-month old Vision at a really good price years ago that was removed because it was not reliably working ... it was the box-to-bar cable, a similar part).

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
all of a sudden issue
I would isolate the power and ground, meaning what ever it is connected to now, bypass it straight to the battery or remove and bench test if you can. The next fixable issue us the "phone cord", you can ohm test the wires in that for being intact.

Reactions: C17LVFD

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
If John’s recommendations do not help next step would be reaching out to MTNMAN on this forum s he’s the resident siren expert for evaluation. He’s done work for me with excellent results.

Seth

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davegrn

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.