SS2000SM

Roccog70

Nov 24, 2017
New Jersey
Hi all,

New member here. I have been having trouble attempting to troubleshoot the make/model listed above. I thought I had followed the manual to a T for install but cannot figure out why nothing worked. I tested power and ground connections and power is flowing. However when I plug in my control head nothing lights up on the keys and no functions work. I tried another keypad and telephone wire same result. Anyone know where I should look next? Are there any other observations/symptoms you would like me to describe.

Thanks in advance!!!!

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
I don't think you can use a telephone wire, IIRC its a specific cable you need with a special pinout.

Roccog70

Nov 24, 2017
New Jersey
Hahaha! OMG our of all this frustration I’ve been messing with, wiring re wiring testing bending twisting and I just re wired the RJ11 In reverse. Works flawlessly. Now just when my fronts are on the speaker pops. Thanks guys. I can take it from here

Reactions: FCV96

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaf10596

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.