SS200SM Configurator

billforbush

I have a very nice SS2000SM siren that has apparanetly been locked out of programming mode. FS tech support is not able to help, although very knowledgeable and nice.

Does anyone have the circa 2003 Smartsiren Configurator software, or offer programming services on these units?

Thanks much. Just looking to assign some buttons, restore Hi-Low etc.

Last edited:

MtnMan

I've never heard of software for the original SmartSiren. Did you try unlocking it using the PTT button while entering configuration?

OP
OP
billforbush

billforbush

Yes, but I cant get it to go into programming mode. As I read it, I should start it up, give it a second to boot up, then pull the cable out. Push "STBY" and plug it back in. Buttons 9-1-11-12 should light up. They never do :(

I found the software manual online, but the software isn't available

OP
OP
billforbush

billforbush

Software is copyright 2003 and runs on Win 98, ME, NT, 2K and XP. Requires some kind of serial adapter. Looks a lot easier than the keyboard method!

Attachments

C17LVFD

I ran a ss2000 touchscreen in my Acura TL once upon a time. Worked well!

I have the software however I’m not sure about copyrights and sharing it as it was purchased. I have since sold the adapter/interface adapter.

Does anyone know about the protocol or if there was anything special about the db9 to dual telephone connector interface? Maybe it’s about time to reverse engineer it like the Whelen Transporter.

Admins: What are thoughts regarding this software? SS2000 has be discontinued for some time. Is it ok to share?

Thanks,
Seth

MtnMan

Wow, this is getting complicated. it would take about 30 seconds to unlock it via the PTT and reset to factory defaults. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
billforbush

billforbush

I tried the PTT sequence but it didn't seems to work. Maybe factory locked out - not sure. Federal told me that they don't have parts to repair nor do they have the software either for sale or for their use in repair. Just too old. Still working through this, with wonderful help from ELB friends, but considering an HHS4206 to upgrade to current technology. Thank you all for your help.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Members
Latest member
makemedicaltrip
Top Bottom