St. Lukes Squad (NYC)

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
love it. st lukes, fdny, and only a handful of the hospitals have all-LED packages...u still see quite a few of the newer rigs coming out that still have junk halogens all over

cory y

May 21, 2010
pdk9 said:
love it. st lukes, fdny, and only a handful of the hospitals have all-LED packages...u still see quite a few of the newer rigs coming out that still have junk halogens all over

Im getting a lil tired of the Halogen bashing...

since when are halogens "junk"?

cause they are not the latest tech?

for long distance warning, you simply CANNOT beat halogens on a slow flasher.

Amp draw aside, they are still a very viable form of emergency lighting.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
cory y said:
Im getting a lil tired of the Halogen bashing...

since when are halogens "junk"?

cause they are not the latest tech?

for long distance warning, you simply CANNOT beat halogens on a slow flasher.

Amp draw aside, they are still a very viable form of emergency lighting.

i wasn't bashing ALL halogens, nor did i say that ALL halogens are junk; i was talking about the cheap/junk economy bars and lighting setups that some of the hospitals put on their rigs. i think the mx7k, for example, is one of the best bars ever made, and i wouldn't be complaining if i saw more of those or the surface mount halogen bars (attached to the box) around on the hospital rigs in the NYC area

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
paint color sucks,with how bright that thing is during the daylight i would hate to see it at night

Stendec

May 21, 2010
If the paint caught your attention, it did exactly what it was supposed to do. You don't have to like it, just as long as you get outta the way.

Good time to discuss health care reform - are you willing to pay more for services delivered in a rig with 8 dozen LEDs? Or would you rather pay less and ride in one with a streethawk, HLFs and an airhorn?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.