St. Paul Island Fire & EMS

CACBAND

Nov 11, 2010
Bering Sea
St. Paul Island, AK operates under a Public Safety style dept, with paid Police Officers who are also trained at a minimum as first responders and basic firefighters. However, most have higher levels of training. Here are a few photos of their equipment. In the bed of the of F-150 is a Tri-Max 30 CAFS unit, that was recently moved the bed of the F-350.

EMS has about 10 volunteers, ranging from drivers to EMT-Bs and the Fire Division has a roster of about 30 volunteers, of which about 15 are active at bi-monthly meetings and training.

Ambu 1.JPG

Ambu 2.JPG

FS 1.JPG

FS 2.JPG

IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0698.JPG

CAFS 1.JPG

F350 0.JPG

Goodsam

Jun 26, 2011
South western Utah
Weird I have worked on your equipment and I helped fight the wharehouse fire last year small world

CACBAND

Nov 11, 2010
Bering Sea
Goodsam said:
Weird I have worked on your equipment and I helped fight the wharehouse fire last year small world

And it's nothing but an empty lot now. All cleaned up like it never happened.

For those who are wondering though, this was the end result of the fire:

IMG_0128.JPG

Goodsam

Jun 26, 2011
South western Utah
CACBAND said:
And it's nothing but an empty lot now. All cleaned up like it never happened.
For those who are wondering though, this was the end result of the fire:

yep I was there in Dec and saw it was all gone it was a big one (For St. Paul)

Goodsam

Jun 26, 2011
South western Utah
The normally have a PA (Physician Assistant) on staff and a few others a really nice set up at the Clinic there on island anything major is Life flight out by Guardian Air I believe or the USCG (United states coast Guard) winter months normally jan-apr USCG air crew are stationed there for the the crab season. great island with great people.

CPDG23

Oct 17, 2011
Ohio
Awesome and thanks for sharing.

Couple of questions...

1) Do you guys have hydrants?

2) Isn't St Paul a major fish offloading port? Wouldn't that include big warehouses and processing plants? I would figure the industry would sponsor newer and larger equipment to protect their assets.

Thanks!

CACBAND

Nov 11, 2010
Bering Sea
CPDG23 said:
Awesome and thanks for sharing.

Couple of questions...

1) Do you guys have hydrants?

We do, granted there is no good system in place for marking them in the heavy snow falls.

2) Isn't St Paul a major fish offloading port? Wouldn't that include big warehouses and processing plants? I would figure the industry would sponsor newer and larger equipment to protect their assets.

It is, one of the largest crab processing facilities in the world. They aren't overly concerned for some reason. If the worst happened there are plenty of processing vessels that would be happy to pickup the slack :/

Thanks!

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
I saw little orange plastic flags on hydrants in Fairbanks, on a little pole about five feet high - would that be too small for the snow you get there?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.