STALKER ATR Radar Gun Hardwiring Question...

Clays3200

Nov 10, 2016
South Carolina
Hello, I’m seeking some info as to whether or not it’s possible to hardwire one of these units vs. using the battery-pack handle?

If so, does anyone know what order (positive, negative, etc) the 3 leads on the bottom-side of these units?

I’m thinking about picking up one of these; however it does not include a battery-pack handle... and I’d actually prefer not having the handle on it; just hardwire it into the vehicle, mount on the dash, and go.

Thanks in advance!!
046132D6-B5FF-4ADF-91DC-71606C418201.jpeg

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
If you know voltage use a voltmeter to determine polarity....

Reactions: Clays3200

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
Theres an ATR hardwire kit that was available that you may be able to still source - second hand surplus. It consisted of a flat plug that slid into the radar gun and that connected to a communication box and then into a cig lighter. Heres mine. The com box also communicated with the remote control and additional display unit.

Attachments

• 20180603_143958.jpg
    20180603_143958.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: Clays3200

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.